Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought about ordering these. They seem pretty accessible insted of a fanny or back pack. Anyways. wondering if anyone had any thoughts/ expierience with them. Do they get in the way? Are they noisy when carrying the stand? How much stuff can you fit in em? Thanks guys

·
Registered
219 Posts
I have them on all my stands. Keep a drink in one side and calls in the other. They do make some noise when toting the stand in and out if you have a hard object in them but overall I love mine.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Just got my side bags yesterday.......they are great!

They are plenty big for all kinds of gear! In them I have my rattle bag, bow hangers, Primos bleat cans, gloves, rope to hoist my bow, some bug repellent, my wrist release, range finder, and they is still plenty of room left over!

Climbed a tree in my back yard to twenty-two feet, worked perfectly, and all of my stuff was right at my elbow very convenient to reach.

I did add a couple of small safety pins through the zipper pull holes and attach a piece of camo ribbon to make it easier to find the extra small zipper pulls.

My only fear is I'll overload them and make my Razor X5 weight a ton.

Also, I bought and added the Summit "Traction Strips" ($7.99). I believe on rainy days the stand will be a lot less slippery!

Buy them, you can't go wrong!

·
Registered
266 Posts
save your money and make them yourself. They are easy to make.

I keep a saw and pruners in one and a pop and scents calls in the other.

I also made a small one that I put in front so I can zip up my rope.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Yep...make 'em yourself!

Save your $$$ and make them yourself. Take an old pair of camo pants and cut the legs out of them. If they have the cargo leg pockets that's the easiest. Cut a 5" section higher than the pocket itself (but the same width as the pkt). This 5" section gives you enough to wrap over the bar and sew back to itself.

The pocket is a great idea, I just couldn't bring myself to spend what they were asking for it. Most of the price is tied up w/the Summit name and shipping.

Call me a cheapskate.......I call me handy/thrifty.:wink:

Greg

·
Just beat Terry Club
9,334 Posts
I just bought the front bag so I'll have to see how it works. Great ideas though.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just ordered them..

Ordered the side bags today and was wondering how long it took for you guys to get them...Hopin to have them by the 30th :)

·
Registered
214 Posts
DeadOn33 said:
Ordered the side bags today and was wondering how long it took for you guys to get them...Hopin to have them by the 30th :)

I ordered mine on Wednesday September 6th, they arrived Monday afternoon September 11th........I consider that fast!

·
Registered
8,933 Posts
I bought a pair a few weeks ago and love mine already.

Rocky Mountain Archery had the best price on them that I was able to find.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I think they are great, the only thing is, I seem to put to much in them making my stand alittle heavier. But thats me, I pack for a month, for an over niter. I must say I bought the front bag, thinking they were the side bags at a sportsman show and when I realized what I did called summit and they shipped me the right ones free of charge and I got to keep the front bag, great company. You guys making them yourself is a great idea. Good thinking.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts