Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my new Summit Viper.....been debating putting the "skin" on it. I think over time it will peel off. Anyone have an issue with it sticking or not sticking.

I was thinking I would just paint it and not use the skin.

·
Registered
23,626 Posts
I JUST got a Viper too - I put the Skins on - they really do stick well!

·
Registered
288 Posts
just bought the viper ss and they are not stick worth a crap, dont know if its cause i didnt clean it first or what. But im not real pleased with it. I might just take some of the camo form tape and wrap over the skins to keep them on better

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
I really like my Viper, and the Summit customer service etc, BUT.........I have not heard much good about the skins. Seems like a super gimmick to me and if you check around AT.........not too many positive posts about them.

I don't know since I've not tried them.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Yeah...MY .02 is its a gimmick...new and improved.... i have an older summit and love it....no skins for me!

·
Registered
258 Posts
If you have Summit Skins that are not sticking all u have to do is email them and they will send u a new and improved set of skins. My sons Viper had that problem and they sent him new skins. They also told him if that didn't fix the problem that would ship him a new Viper and a RA for the old one. our family has 13 Summit climbers and i can tell you Summits Customer Service is the best in the Archery business and they have always been that way.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I just got my viper ss two weeks ago. The box said it had the summit skins, but they werent in the box :(

·
Registered
286 Posts
I got mine last Wensday and they have stuck well, but im pretty skeptic of them staying on.

·
Registered
74 Posts
not good

I have a Viper and the skins did not stick for anything. I thought about getting the HSS wraps. I have not tried to contact summit as I have had the stand all season. The stand is solid. the skins are lacking...

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
I hope more stand manufacturers start using whatever that rubberized camo coating is that Gorilla is using on their Pro Series. Helps for silence, and looks really nice. It'll be interesting to see how well it holds up.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I got my new Summit Viper SS 2 weeks ago and didn't put the skins on it. I don't think I will since its not noisy anyway. Killed my first ever archery deer out of it last week.:D :D :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts