Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone bought the Summit Treestands, "Open Shot"? I found it to be just what I was looking for in a climbing treestand, very open. But the thing was really uncomfortable until I made some modifications. In the attached picture you can see what I had to do to make it comfotable for all day use.

In the picture you will see that I had to add support straps to the seating portion of the treestand. In its original state all you had to sit on was the cross member bar and a small flimsy strap. This resulted in mainly sitting on the bar with no support for the front of your legs and your buttocks falling through the back portion, which was very uncomfortable. By adding a strap across the front part it added the needed support for the legs and adding an inverted "V" configuration from the cross member to the rear section of the frame you gained support for the buttocks.

Does anyone agree with me? I did e-mail Summit Treestands about this issue and I am waiting a reply.

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
I have a clear shot from 2005- and my seat is a traingle. I like the stand but I do have to constantly adjust the seat. I think you will like the additional support you added.
Call summit rather than using email - you know the "old Fashion" way - always works better
Also they have a recall on there safety harness if from china and made after June 2005

http://harnessrecall2005.com/

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
I haven't used that stand, but I can say from experience Summit will stand behind their product 100%. I can also say you will get a lot faster response by calling.

Chad

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know if I'm looking a response or just acknowlegement that there is room for improvement. I'm very satisfied with the stand now, it's very comfortable. If Summit would like to reimburse me for a portion of the stand that would be nice. I'll wait a few days and see if I get an answer to the e-mail, if not I'll call.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Open Shot

bcoulter said:
I have the same stand and haven't had any problems with it, seems comfortable enough to me for a small stand. I did add a foot rest to it for this year.
Is that your first/only Summit treestand? I have another one that is real comfy and have sat in others that were equally as good. The Open Shot just was not as comfy as the rest and I was quite surprised at the lacking.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts