Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok - so I am looking to get one. I have been looking at them for a while now online and in a few stores (Demos). I have a question (may be a dumb one) Does the platform somehow connect to the seat portion? I would think they would have to - in case the top or bottom falls while on the tree. Does anyone have some up close pictures of the climber on the tree? Sorry if it is a dumb question - I just havent been able to be sure in my research so far. Thanks.

·
One bubble off...
3,841 Posts
Ok - so I am looking to get one. I have been looking at them for a while now online and in a few stores (Demos). I have a question (may be a dumb one) Does the platform somehow connect to the seat portion? I would think they would have to - in case the top or bottom falls while on the tree. Does anyone have some up close pictures of the climber on the tree? Sorry if it is a dumb question - I just havent been able to be sure in my research so far. Thanks.
You have to tether it together. I just use a 4' piece of Paracord and it works fine. You definitely want to tether them. :thumbs_up

·
Registered
605 Posts
Yes!!!

yes, it does connect with a buckle strap. Works great! I bought the viper ss last year and really like the stand. Very comfortable and I feel safe in it.
This is one hunting item I really brag about and tell guys to buy.
Goodluck and if you buy a new one, you get a dvd that shows you how to use it with directions for putting everything together.
I love the footrest and use it all the time makes a chair into a recliner, I highly reccomend the footrest.
Kodiak.

·
Registered
442 Posts
rope.

·
Registered
4,004 Posts
You have 2 options. The straps that you use to backpack it in have a buckle that can be undone and reconnected to tie the two together. Or you can simply tie 2 pieces of rope to connect the upper and lower platforms together. Personally, I have been using the straps and buckle but I may look into going the rope route just so it's one less thing to possibly make noise.

David

·
Registered
442 Posts
It does come with a rope, at least mine did, or Yoda's suggestion will work well too.

·
Registered
4,004 Posts
It does come with a rope, at least mine did, or Yoda's suggestion will work well too.
Yours came with rope??? Mine didn't. The video for my Viper Ultra (same as SS but sold by Cabelas only) showed the buckle thing.

David

·
Registered
442 Posts
Yeah, bout 4' long with metal clips for quick connect.

·
Banned
1,220 Posts
Yours came with rope??? Mine didn't. The video for my Viper Ultra (same as SS but sold by Cabelas only) showed the buckle thing.

David
The models from a couple of years ago had the rope and it works just fine. The newer ones have a different backpack strap and it can be used as the tether which is probably good. More than once, I've got up a tree only to look down and see the rope sitting on the ground:angry:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts