Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
I've narrowed it down to these 2 stands but can't decide. Really liking the lighter weight Elite but I'm a little concerned the seat won't be as comfortable as the other one. Weight is somewhat of a concern as I will be hiking a 1/2 mile or so on public land but, once I get there I want to be able to sit all day if I want to. How much difference between these two seats? Which one would you buy? Thanks.
Mark

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I'd use the Hazemore webbed seat on my Goliath. Makes it less bulky and is still very comfortable. Go with the lighter stand if I were you.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Both are good. I have the old steel viper I bought 14 years ago still use it all original can sit all day in that only put lit carpet on bottom for your feet for late season

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies guys. I'm still not sure. Would like to hear a few more ideas or comments please. Thanks.
Mark

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I also have an older Viper that is by far the most comfortable seat I've sat in. All day no problem. The seat is bulky and a pain to get right when hauling it in but I wouldn't swap it for a Hazmore. The comfort of the seat is why I like the summit so much. The Hazmore seat is nice, dont get me wrong, I have it on my Lone Wolf climber.

I would probally go with an Elite SD for weight issues and the sound deading design.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I also have an older Viper that is by far the most comfortable seat I've sat in. All day no problem. The seat is bulky and a pain to get right when hauling it in but I wouldn't swap it for a Hazmore. The comfort of the seat is why I like the summit so much. The Hazmore seat is nice, dont get me wrong, I have it on my Lone Wolf climber.

I would probally go with an Elite SD for weight issues and the sound deading design.

Sorry. I would go with the Viper SD. Not the Elite, that seat is no where near as nice as the standard Viper seat.

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
I hanve the old viper and the sd elite.
Hunted with the elite this year forthe first time.
Love the light weight in and out of the woods up and down the tree is great
The seat its ok i am 6 foot tall and 220 lbs and i dont mind it at all i kind of like it more it dont get in the way like the big seat
the only thing i dont like is how much noise it makes on and off the tree the old viper is quieter than the new imo also the cables are harder to
get in and out of the slots than the old viper
over all i like the stand you just have to take more time on and off the tree to avoid excessive noise

1 - 7 of 7 Posts