Premium Member
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any news on this hot topic?????

·
Registered
8,117 Posts
any news on this hot topic?????
It NEVER even went to vote! All it takes is 10 written complaints to stop the movement from even making it to the voting stage. Hell, that is one anti-hunter family.

It sure sucks that with a state of tens of thousands of hunters, it can be stopped by TEN people. :thumbs_do

·
Registered
287 Posts
The way I understand it, is if you get the 10 letters of opposition then it goes to the Legislature for a vote and they have 30 days upon reconvening to vote yeh or ney. If they fail to vote then it passes automatically. We should be hearing something in the next 3-4 weeks.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Looks like the NC House has shot down the Cross Bow rule and the Deer season rule. Up next is Sunday bow hunting and live fox rules. Looks like the Southern Baptist and NCBA win again. Hopefully the Senate will disagree with them and we can get the rules in place. 2009-2010 regulations apply till July 31 this year.

·
Registered
8,117 Posts
Looks like the NC House has shot down the Cross Bow rule and the Deer season rule. Up next is Sunday bow hunting and live fox rules. Looks like the Southern Baptist and NCBA win again. Hopefully the Senate will disagree with them and we can get the rules in place. 2009-2010 regulations apply till July 31 this year.
NCBA is as useful as teets on a boar hog!

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
I'm origanly from SC, sunday hunting was no big deal there. You just could not hunt on game lands that day. My opinion is if you dont like hunting on sunday dont hunt on sunday. Not erveryone can hunt during the week and on saterday due to work.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I heard at the Union Grove Jamboree that they are going to let all the opposed regulations die in the commitee. The legislatures say that the oppossers should listen to the NCWRC since they know more about the matter than they do. It's still wait and see.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
not July 31 its june 31 new regs come out thursday

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Yes I realize this and in one spot on the website it says today on the other spot it says july???? its all screwed up I just want to know whats going on

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
not July 31 its june 31 new regs come out thursday
The system was changed last year and July 31 is the when the new regulations come out. If you are a lifetime license holder like myself, you should have received a notifaction stating the change and telling you the reg books would be available in August.

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Our wal mart has had 2010 2011 Reg books for awhile now

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
1 - 20 of 36 Posts