Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is good, super accurate hunting rest? No drop aways, getting away from them.

Thanks

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I was going to replace my ripcord, I would look seriously at the whisker biscuit pro.. Just my .02

Im not being a SA, but are biscuits really that accurate?

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
look at the Bodoodle rests. I think the biscuits shoot fine though and are an awesome hunting rest.

·
Registered
251 Posts
i have a wb on both of my speed bows and love them. once it is set and your bow is tuned you should never have to touch the wb again.

·
Registered
23,628 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
About the biscuit, all Ive ever heard (25 plus years of shooting bows) is vane clearance with any rest??

·
Registered
23,628 Posts

·
Registered
7,776 Posts
I was a diehard drop away guy till this season. I used a bisquit and was very impressed. Its not just a kids rest!!

·
Registered
697 Posts
I got a biscuit on both my hunting rigs. Simple and reliable. Not sure about accuracy vs other. I had a QAD and Octane Capture rest and switched back to the biscuit.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
not sure what you're looking for...if you can't shoot with a fall away rest, changing rests will not help. WB slows arrows, makes noise, shows form errors quickly, and is hard on fletch. Prong rest are absolutely unforgiving of contact and form errors, and can be difficult to set-up. Launcher style are great for target, not so much for hunting...noisy and prone to arrow fall off.
I tell people if there's one thing that will improve a group size, other than practice, it's a properly set-up fall away rest! There is no perfect rest for all applications.
The guys that shoot for money would all be shooting a biscuit if it was a better rest, and would add points to their score.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
agree... WB is the perfect hunting rest. simple, yet very accurate. there is nothing to worry about with the biscuit.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
not sure what you're looking for...if you can't shoot with a fall away rest, it's a properly set-up fall away rest!
All I can say is that on 2 of the bows I have drop aways on, they are very very touchy to launcher timing. If the cord moves much up the cable, my groups go to crap, both bows. Sure I could serve them in the cable, but dont really want to screw up the cam timing.

At this point, its about confidence....and I have very little in the drop aways that I have.

I have a biscuit lying around and just stuck it on my RHed bow. I know how it shoots with a 20 year old TM hunter....and that is pretty dang good when the tune is on. I guess I'll see how the biscuit compares.

·
Registered
23,628 Posts
not sure what you're looking for...if you can't shoot with a fall away rest, changing rests will not help. WB slows arrows, makes noise, shows form errors quickly, and is hard on fletch. Prong rest are absolutely unforgiving of contact and form errors, and can be difficult to set-up. Launcher style are great for target, not so much for hunting...noisy and prone to arrow fall off.
I tell people if there's one thing that will improve a group size, other than practice, it's a properly set-up fall away rest! There is no perfect rest for all applications.
The guys that shoot for money would all be shooting a biscuit if it was a better rest, and would add points to their score.
I disagree with about 98 percent of this post...very misinforming.

·
Time Flies
13,275 Posts
I disagree with about 98 percent of this post...very misinforming.
I agree...that's a load of poop right there.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts