1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys any one using the super d.

i have one but it sags at the rubber joint its not that old 6months
are they suppose to sit level.

it seems the weight of the scope is to much for the rubber joint.

·
Registered
642 Posts
I thought they quit making the rubber thingy. I bought a SuperD over a year ago and it was a solid scope rod and much better design I thought.

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
I believe you are correct Mau. For the past year at least I thought they had started using a solid rod to housing attachment. Prior to that it was a clear colored very hard rubber and prior to that (at least 2 or 3 years ago) they used a black rubber connection.

Idea was to dampen (shock absorption) the shock and reduce scope rod breakage. Now however, since most sight manufacturers offer some sort of armored scope rod holder, the rubber connector is no longer necessary. Plus removal of the rubber connector allows for more scope movement towards the riser therefore reducing the need to shim the sight like the older version with the rubber connector.

Still, I've used the older scopes with the black rubber connector without problems. Not sure if I ever tried a Super D w/ the black rubber however. I believe the clear colored, harder, rubber connector was developed however because some were experiencing problems after repeated use, warmer temps, age, etc. causing the black rubber to flex more over time than it did when new. Never had a problem with the clear ones.

Contact Specialty, may be something they can do for you.

>>--------->

1 - 3 of 3 Posts