Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a new peep, and I noticed how cool the new "ball peep sights" are from Specialty Archery Products:

http://www.specialtyarch.com/superpeep.html

Then I searched on this web site and realized that numerous people had their strings cut (and destroyed) by this peep, and that either the design or Q/A is really flawed... Have they fixed this?

What's the current "premium" peep that one can get with a clarifier lens?

kgk

· Occam's Razor
11,355 Posts
My understanding is that they got a bad batch from the manufacturer...........now fixed. I have been shooting one now for about 2 months........no problems.

But....just to make sure I sanded down all the ridges for about an hour so that it is supper smooth....................ck

· Registered
11,771 Posts
i will say up front that i did have a superpeep cut my string, and i immediately jumped on here and bad mouthed them before talking to them. they took care of me right down to replacing my string, and they are fixing the problem. i sanded on mine for just a few minutes and have been shooting it every day for a month now w/ no prob. the specialty people are top notch in my book. easton

· Registered
98 Posts
Wish that I had done some searching!!!!! Got a new one from Lancaster last week....cut new Winners Choice string during first shoot. I have had several of their peeps and never had a problem, consider them to one of the best on the market. Anyone can have a problem.

· Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got a reply from Specialty, where they said

We had a bad batch in February. We have had no problem since then but unfortunately ther still are afew of them out there. We have sold about 6,000 of them and had to replace about 15 of them from cut strings. We have the problem solved and don't expect any more problems.
Hmm... I wonder if I believe that.

Aw, heck, I'll order it, but give it a careful inspection.

kgk

· Registered
98 Posts
Received a email from Specialty last evening, basically saying same thing. They will be replacing my string and sending a new peep. This is a quality company, I have several of their products and have no problems with them at all. Having a bad run is a headache and they are handling it very well. Thanks.

· Registered
6,681 Posts
That's exactly what they say, however, I did notice out of my 38" a-t-a Mach-10 that the one for the longer a-t-a bows probably would work a little better. Little bit of angle on the one designed for the shorter a-t-a bows on this particular bow, though it will still work for me. Probably varies a little from bow to bow in that range right around 38" to 40" a-t-a.

>>-------->

· Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Another cut string?!

How is it that if only 15 strings were cut, perhaps 30% of them were from people on this board? There are only 5000 members here!

I suspect a lot more than 15 strings were cut.

I'll still order mine, but carefully study it for a while before installing it.

kgk

· Registered
11,771 Posts
kgk, if you are concerned about it, i believe my pro shop took a piece of emory cloth?? is that right, something like that and sanded the surfaces contacting the string. visual inspection will probably not show anything, i could not see anything wrong with mine. when we sanded it, no more problems!!:D easton94

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.