Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where would a person go in central ohio to have a bow "super tuned" and what would this service include?

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
Phone # for TVA is 740-772-4926. Mike does great work you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
9,875 Posts
What is included in these so called 'super tunes'?

·
She's baaaaack!!!!
20,524 Posts
It's not hard to learn a lot about tuning your bow. No one can know a bow better than the person that is shooting it. I'm not saying everyone must be an expert bow tech but we should at least what our particular bow feels like when it's "right" and when it's out of whack. If you can be standing by the tech when he's tuning and ask questions you'll be ahead in the long run. Of course if he or she doesn't want you anywhere around you don't have a choice.

·
Registered
50,316 Posts
Any good pro shop can tune a bow------said it a bunch of times on here there is no such thing as "super" tune. either the bow is tuned or it isn't. There is no special magic in the so called "super tune" it is a coined term on here nothing more nothing less.:wink:
Let the wars begin again as it does every week this subject is ask LOL.

·
Registered
341 Posts
tuned

Hey Mike tuned mine right by his side and lelt me tell you My BT commander was sweet when he was done. 58lbs 28.5dl and 306grains He had it shooting 304fps and my groups really tightened up. piped the 4th arrow shot. I am about to send my 82nd to him

·
Registered
47,473 Posts
I think that some of the issue is terminology. When people say "tune" or "supertune" it means different things to different people. To me, tuning is getting set up for clean arrow flight. Tuning is not what gets done to the actual bow and set up of the bow in regards to cam timing, etc...that is just a thorough setup.

When I set my bow, or any of my friends' or relatives' bows, I start from scratch. Tear it down and start from the beginning. Double checking cam and spacer tightness, adjust cam lean, generally swap stock harnessing, set perfect DL for the shooter, and so on. There are several little things you can tweak or rework that can make improvements over the hasty factory setup. These early steps actually make arrow flight tuning easier later on, too. I generally spend less than an hour getting a bow setup properly before we actually start tuning.

Then I have the owner/shooter actually tune for arrow flight with them shooting. It also gives me a moment to double check the DL and loop length, etc....We can all test the speed at this point and play with cam rotation if the owner wants to spend the time. I don't usually feel it necessary just so you can eek out a few fps, though.

Most of the shops I've been in just grab a bow off the wall and throw on accessories then turn the new owner loose. So compared to that I guess a thorough setup and tune job (with the owner shooting) could be called "SUPER" tuning. :dontknow:

·
Registered
703 Posts
I have not used Terminal Velocity but have heard a ton of great things about them.

There is also a really great bowtuner out of Hilliard, Ohio. Send SHUEY a PM and he will get you the details.

·
Breathn
12,515 Posts
ttt

go see Michael at terminal velocity...he will make your bow perform super...:darkbeer:
no matter what you want to call it..he will get the best out of your bow that it will get..and youll get a awesome set of strings along with it..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts