Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I guess this is a sister thread to the one asking for pictures from the people that own the SuperTec longbows. Unfortunately there aren't many pics in there right now, but hopefully that will get better.

In this thread I, and I'm sure lots of others that are lurking out there, would like to hear about how your SuperTec longbow performs now that you have it in your hands. Alos how about telling us your thoughts on the bow. How does it compare to other bows you own, or have owned or have shot before?

As nice as these bows are they have to inspire you to talk about them. We'd like to hear ya.
Those of us that are VERY interested in these bows can learn a lot from posts that you all can make here. No doubt if this thread gets a lot of response and attention, SuperTec will sell more bows. That will be a good thing as he will learn a bit more with each one he makes.

Thanks for your time.

Nala

·
save the decoys!!!!!!!!!!
7,033 Posts
think hes calling em zona bows.

i have two of his longbows, and love em. im pretty accurate with em, as accurate as ive been with any longbow, and theyre beautiful. getting one of his recurves too, cant wait.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey,

Glad to see you're the first one to respond. Hopefully all the others will get in here and tell about theirs. I know if more of the owners of his bows would come in here or in another "owners post" and talk about their bows and maybe post some pics to go along with it, other people that are curious would be much more inclined to buy one. Hearing from actual owners is important.

I see where he decided to call them ZONA bows. That sounds pretty good, but I'm partial to SuperTec longbows....;)
He definitely has a talent for building bows, that's easy to see. His bows are just going to get better over time though. I just hope he doesn't raise his price before I am able to get one.

C'mon owners.....

Nala

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Hey,

Glad to see you're the first one to respond. Hopefully all the others will get in here and tell about theirs. I know if more of the owners of his bows would come in here or in another "owners post" and talk about their bows and maybe post some pics to go along with it, other people that are curious would be much more inclined to buy one. Hearing from actual owners is important.

I see where he decided to call them ZONA bows. That sounds pretty good, but I'm partial to SuperTec longbows....;)
He definitely has a talent for building bows, that's easy to see. His bows are just going to get better over time though. I just hope he doesn't raise his price before I am able to get one.

C'mon owners.....

Nala
Hmm...I personally feel that ZONA might be a better choice as it sounds more primitive, as longbows, by nature, are. "SuperTec" sounds a little more along the lines of something that might be a more appropriate appellation for a compound...

·
Registered
32 Posts
I totally agree with Nala. I have yet to order a Zona bow, I hope to before prices go up. From what I've seen so far these bows are absolutely incredible. No one has had anything negative to say about their performance either. I'm shooting a Matthews for three years now and I'm more excited to get back to a barebow than I ever thought I would. I was hooked after seeing Bill's work. Keep the pics and reviews coming!

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have one of bill's bows and let me say it's FANTASTIC smooth forgiving and great looking, i have a second one on order,bill is a great guy to deal with and will make the bow to your actual spec and need's,order one guy's you will not regreat it,i would post pic's of some robin hoods i have done withe this bow but don't know how to post them,just buy the bow you will love it.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Hmm...I personally feel that ZONA might be a better choice as it sounds more primitive, as longbows, by nature, are. "SuperTec" sounds a little more along the lines of something that might be a more appropriate appellation for a compound...
Yes they are now officially "Zona Custom Bows"
I don't think Bill would even talk of supertec as that is tied to many patents and copyrights if you know what I mean.

As you may or may not know Bill has a website in development as we speek.
www.zonacustombows.com

And to note a quote directly from Bill. "I am a working man and the father of 7and I make bows that the working man can afford" I believe that's his exact words but not 100% sure.
He also said I have no intentions of raising the prices. But I'm sure as with everything else in america the cost of fuel causes everything to go up eventually. Skippy

I would say just start saving a few dollars here and there and eventually you'll have enough for the down payment.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts