Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if you send your bow off for a supertune does it void the warranty?

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Don't see why it would. A "supertuning", if there were such a thing.....:pukey:. will merely bring the bow into spec.....no more, no less.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
I agree, the only thing you might do is add a set of custom strings but it's not like you wouldn't eventually have to put a new set on anyways and the manufacturer isn't going to give you a free set unless they defected.

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Don't see why it would. A "supertuning", if there were such a thing.....:pukey:. will merely bring the bow into spec.....no more, no less.
I don't think it will void the warranty, but My guess is that what a 'supertune' means will vary with who does it. Based on tweak info that Nuts and Bolts provided, I would guess that some people play with the cam rotation and cable lengths to perhaps even intentionally deviate from specs.

But my opinion is in no way definitive.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
remember that with some companies (I know Bowtech and Diamond), placing aftermarket strings voids your warranty...

from http://www.bowtecharchery.com/cs_faq.php

Q: Can I use aftermarket string and cable sets on my BowTech bow?

A: Many aftermarket string and cable(s) sets are only “close” on the lengths and diameters. This can drastically slow down, affect the performance, and significantly reduce the ease of tuning your bow. Use of aftermarket string and cable sets, and failure of that product resulting in further damage, will void the lifetime warranty of your bow.

·
The Godfather
7,295 Posts
remember that with some companies (I know Bowtech and Diamond), placing aftermarket strings voids your warranty...

from http://www.bowtecharchery.com/cs_faq.php
No it does not. All they say is if they find that to be the cause of the problem then they reserve the right to void the warranty. If what you put on is 22 strands or larger and the specs are correct then there is no issue.

Use of aftermarket string and cable sets, and failure of that product resulting in further damage, will void the lifetime warranty of your bow.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
A dealer told me earlier this year that if a bow is damaged as a result of being "super tuned", the bow's warranty would be voided. He gave me an example of a Mathews bow that had been sent to a popular "super tuner", came to his shop in pieces. He sent the bow to the factory and it was determined that the bow had been short strung in order to tweek more speed out of it and the warranty was voided. THe same dealer told me that he will not touch a bow that he has sold that comes back with a problem after being sent out for a "super tune" or with a custom string and cables that he did not install or endorse.
After talking to this dealer for a while, I got the impression that he had a serious vendetta against all "super tuners", and most custom string makers.

·
Registered
87 Posts
THe same dealer told me that he will not touch a bow that he has sold that comes back with a problem after being sent out for a "super tune" or with a custom string and cables that he did not install or endorse.
... Time for a new dealer. He should be more open to the fact that there may be people out there, who he doesn't personally know, who know more than he does about tuning a bow.. and he should also be open to the opportunity to help an archer after someone who does it wrong screws it up. Anyone who has a blanket "I won't touch it if..." type policy where there is no risk to their personal safety, isn't worth doing business with. "I'm going to have to charge you hourly to undo this mess" is a much more appropriate response.

·
Registered
10,111 Posts
Parker

Parker also puts something similar in their manuals.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
No it does not. All they say is if they find that to be the cause of the problem then they reserve the right to void the warranty. If what you put on is 22 strands or larger and the specs are correct then there is no issue.
I just made a set of 20 strands strings for my sentinel but have not installed them yet. I am not really worried about the warranty but want to avoid having anything go wrong.

Should I be worried? :confused:

·
The Godfather
7,295 Posts
20 strands will work but it will change the way your bow will react. Let off, draw length and poundage will be affected and what little bit of increased speed you gain you will lose consistency.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts