Archery Talk Forum banner

Support Breast Cancer Awareness

1256 Views 17 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  pinkliberty2010
Help us get passionately pink for breast cancer awarness and also show a little school sprit. Stick and wheel archery club is going to be holding a breast cancer awareness shoot. The shoot is on saturday April 18, 2009 at stick and wheel archery club in colfax. It will cost $5 per shooter, there will be NO trophy or money classes on this day only fun rounds, registration starts at 8 am and ends at 2 pm. We ask that you please wear some kind of pink clothing to show your sprit. We are also going to try to have a raffle and door prizes. All procceds from the shoot and raffle will go to the Susan G. Komen foundation and some will also go to the East Davidson Academy of Finance. For more information or to donate for the raffle and door prizes contact Brigit Moore at [email protected] or visit www.StickandWheelArchery.com. LETS GET PINK!!!!!!!!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
come on

So far we have got prizes from Mathew, Scott's Strings, Trophy Blend Scents, Shell Rapid Lube, and possibly Victory Arrows. Come out and shoot or sponsor a target for $50, you can even just send us a check for $10 every little bit helps.. There is no donation too small.

· Registered
66 Posts
well I know this isnt for signing up to do the shoot. But today I went to my archery dealer and saw the genisis breast cancer bow and I took a pic of it and would love to post to show you all...Bill had painted the site but the rest is the way it is...

Attachments

· Registered
1,545 Posts
great idea,

just to let you know, there was a similar shoot up here,
http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=799805
take a look and see if there are any ideas you might want to do.
I attended and they raised $6000 from about 113 shooters and 11 sponsers...the sponsers (local businesses and archery suppliers)donated 10 cents for every X shot by the archers, archers paid an entry fee and all had chances to win many door prizes donated by the sponsers and individuals, also as a final prizes PINK arrows were awarded to the winners. It was a very upbeat event and a lot of talent showed up, very different than shooting a tournament for score or rank...

good luck with your shoot, it's a great cause

· Registered
870 Posts
Susan G. Komen

My brother-in-law's mother-in-law is a breatst cancer survivor. My brother-in-law (Eric) always puts together a team for Komen San Antonio Race for the Cure®. He has really put a lot of effort and self sacrifice into raising money for the cure in his mother-in-laws name. I am not asking for donations here lol just wanted other folks in and around central Texas to know about this great organization...Thanks

http://rfcsa.convio.net/site/TR/Events/General?px=1279934&pg=personal&fr_id=1060

· Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so far

So far we have had donations from Mathews, Hoyt, Bob Timderlake, Shell, and Vera Bradley items for the auction and prizes.

The NC Wildlife Association has loan us some bows for people that have never shot before, so that they can try it out.

We will be on Fox 8 morning news on April 17th, watch us for more info.

· Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks

Day after tomarrow is the big Breat Cancer Awareness Benefit shoot, Can't wait to see you there. Also we're going to be on the Fox 8 morning news tomarrow, so watch us.

We want to thank every one who donated to the cause and thank them for all of there help. We really appreciate it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.