Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the market and I’m curious if people prefer one bow over the other. Supra Focus XL or the Citation?

·
Registered
388 Posts
The Sapura Focus XL is the safer bet. It’s a proven competition winner and a very fairly priced bow.

The Citation is new and untested, but is the top of the line target bow from PSE to replace the Perform X.

It’s worth remembering a large percentage of Team PSE shooters abandoned the Perform X in favour of the Sapura Focus, and we have yet to see if they will adopt the Citation (although PSE are sure to put pressure on them to adopt the flagship).

So you’re options are:

a) Take a gamble on PSE and buy the Citation.

b) Buy a tried and tested Sapura Focus XL (competition winner)

c) Wait 6-9 months and see how the Citation performs in competition

·
Registered
278 Posts
Personally I'm going with the Citation I have shot both and the Citation has a much nicer draw cycle though you will need some weight on the front bar as it's weighted to fall backwards barebow after the shot. My wife had only shot Elites (Ember, Kure and Rezult) up to the point she purchased the Citation 36 and she loves it. It does have vibration because it's a stiffer riser but she has gotten almost all of it out through bojax limb dampeners and putting a dampener on the string stop. She has shot it 2 days and is ready to use it in our indoor league it's a very forgiving bow.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Hi LonnyM,

When you shot both the Xl and citation, did they both have the same cams? I say this because the EM and SE cams are really quite different and so the differences might be more the cams than the bows. Can you clarify, because I am trying to identify how the Citation is similar and different.

Thanks!

Personally I'm going with the Citation I have shot both and the Citation has a much nicer draw cycle though you will need some weight on the front bar as it's weighted to fall backwards barebow after the shot. My wife had only shot Elites (Ember, Kure and Rezult) up to the point she purchased the Citation 36 and she loves it. It does have vibration because it's a stiffer riser but she has gotten almost all of it out through bojax limb dampeners and putting a dampener on the string stop. She has shot it 2 days and is ready to use it in our indoor league it's a very forgiving bow.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Hi LonnyM,

When you shot both the Xl and citation, did they both have the same cams? I say this because the EM and SE cams are really quite different and so the differences might be more the cams than the bows. Can you clarify, because I am trying to identify how the Citation is similar and different.

Thanks!
I shot both with SE cams I am a longer draw and I shot them at 30" which was a little too short for me @ 75% let off but they both had room to go to a longer draw length. My wife bought a Citation 36 SE and before she set it for her I drew that several times and it felt the same as the 40. The Supra focus had more of a hump in the draw but was still a very nice draw I just preferred the Citation.

Reactions: ukxbow

·
Registered
24 Posts
I found I could not get used to the mechanics of loading an arrow in the split riser. I'm going to go with the Supra Focus. Shot one the other day and really liked it.

·
EPLC Stabilization 4-Sale
9,472 Posts
In the market and I’m curious if people prefer one bow over the other. Supra Focus XL or the Citation?
While I’m sure the Citation will be a great bow, I can’t see it shooting $500 or more better than the Supra Focus XL. I own both the Focus and XL. Great bows.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts