Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking for some input from people that have shot these bows. I'm looking at getting my first target setup and was wondering how the phenom compares with the supra. Any advantages or disadvantages? Is the extra cash justifiable for the Supra?

·
Registered
49,527 Posts
Both are excellent bows. Only you can decide what you want to spend. Supra comes with better string and cables, little nicer built. I own a Phenom, love it it does everything I want it to.

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
I shot them both, I would choose the Supra.

BUT......you might shoot them both and not like how the Supra feels. Find a shop that has them both and try them out.

·
Life is the Pits
4,428 Posts
You can't go wrong with either, I like them both, but I am shooting the Phenom for 3-d this year as long as it behaves :wink:

·
Placebo Power!
12,050 Posts
I prefer the Supra Max myself. I've grown to like the flex guard. The longer pockets and limbs and more parallel limb angle on the Supra Max make it easier aiming and shooting to me.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would love to try these both out at a shop the only problem with that is I'm a lefty. So they have to special order it. Thanks for the input so far!

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
If you want to buy once, Supra. If you want to buy and then wonder if you bought the right one, Phenom.

·
Registered
49,527 Posts
I would love to try these both out at a shop the only problem with that is I'm a lefty. So they have to special order it. Thanks for the input so far!
I'm a lefty. I shot the reps Phenom at 50# right handed and knew right away it is the one I want. In fact that is how I usually find the bow I want, just because there aren't that many left handed bows out there.

·
Just thwackin' it.
6,805 Posts
The Phenom being slightly shorter ATA may be more beneficial if you have a shorter DL. I know I can barely shoot the Supra and the string angle was a little weird for me at 26.5" and I wasn't comfortable with it. They are both outstanding bows... I like the ME cams, the Supra is faster, but there's no doubt the Phenom is a sleeper particularly due to it's price tag.

I won't be surprised if the Phenom doesn't walk away with some 3D trophies this year, even with archers on a budget.

·
She's baaaaack!!!!
20,523 Posts
The Phenom being slightly shorter ATA may be more beneficial if you have a shorter DL. I know I can barely shoot the Supra and the string angle was a little weird for me at 26.5" and I wasn't comfortable with it. They are both outstanding bows... I like the ME cams, the Supra is faster, but there's no doubt the Phenom is a sleeper particularly due to it's price tag.

I won't be surprised if the Phenom doesn't walk away with some 3D trophies this year, even with archers on a budget.
I shot out of K45, not that that is anything special, with my Phenom last year. Scored well with it in miscellaneous state shoots. Shot a few 58-59 X indoor games with it so far. The specs on it make it a good solid "all around" bow for many archers. The a-to-a isn't particularly short or long. It has plenty of speed for 3D or hunting but isn't hard to shoot a lot which is important when shooting indoor spots. I get good speed from it even with my nubby 26" draw.

If a person wanted a versatile bow that they could easily hunt with while using it for 3D and spots the little Phenom will work for many. The only reason you won't see a lot of them is because it isn't a "true" target bow or a "true" hunting bow AND it isn't a high dollar "flag ship" bow. A lot of guys "need" to have the flag ship bow.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I ended up ordering a Phenom today. Any recommendations on a sight and rest? Planning on 3D and spot. The rest I was thinking a Trophy Taker blade. I have no clue on the sight I have never dealt with target sights.

·
Placebo Power!
12,050 Posts
Well I ended up ordering a Phenom today. Any recommendations on a sight and rest? Planning on 3D and spot. The rest I was thinking a Trophy Taker blade. I have no clue on the sight I have never dealt with target sights.
Congrats. The TT blades are good. I definitely have been enjoying my Hamskeas over the last couple of years. I run a best blade in limb driven mode and get the best of both worlds. Sight wise, its hard to beat a good ol' CBE quad lite 3d.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was just looking at CBE quad lite 3d on lancaster and they have the lefty on sell for 249.00. Is that a pretty good deal?

·
Just thwackin' it.
6,805 Posts
I went combo for hunting and 3D and picked up a MBG Ascent. I love being able to accurately dial in a sight for 3D and like having 3 pins while hunting in situations where I don't have time to adjust the sight.

·
Registered
49,527 Posts
I was just looking at CBE quad lite 3d on lancaster and they have the lefty on sell for 249.00. Is that a pretty good deal?
What I have CBE. For that price does it include the scope? If it does yes it is a very good buy. If it doesn't it's in the ball park for it.

·
Life is the Pits
4,428 Posts
I am running a CBE quad lite 3-d with a Viper .10 pin scope, and I usually use a TT SS pro (blade rest ), but I'm trying a TT Smackdown Pro LP limbdriven rest right now and so far I like it, if it gives me any grief I'll go back to the blade.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I shot 2013 Phenom All last year and I love it , But this year I got the Supra Max, Both have Same Cam ( ME) so draw Cycle feels the Same Hope to do as well with the 2014 Bow this year, But the Phenom is a Good Choice!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the input guys! Just got back from the pro shop and ordered the majority of the accessories. Spot Hogg premiere rest, AX 3000 sight, CBE scope w/ 4x zeiss lens. They sure don't give that stuff away. I'm going to have to hit Costco and get a 2 month supply of Ramen noodles tomorrow! LOL

·
Registered
96 Posts
I just got the phenom with spott Hogg Hogg father 4x lens I think it's the best target bow for the money hands down the major difference between the supra and phenom is flex guard and weighted limb pockets on the supra I'm not really buying into the weighted limb pockets. I think the flex guard cable slide is the only difference that really helps with torque issues but not for 200 dollars more and I forgot about the ABB bow strings but either way there both awesome bows...

·
Just thwackin' it.
6,805 Posts
I wasn't a fan of the Flex Guard when I had a DNA. I put one of BEAR FOOTs anti-torque rods on my Phenom and it brought the centershot in more precise IMO (it was just outside of center). I also put Bomar draw stops on mine to give it a more solid wall. They are both great bows though, enjoy!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts