Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok target guys/girls. What do you prefer out of the three and why? I am about to order my frist target rig and can not decide

·
Registered
798 Posts
Well I just started using a sure loc supreme and I like it so far! I'm sure your going to have mixed reviews on a these! Just my .02 cents worth!

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
Sureloc......wouldn't use a free one

Axcel and CBE are both great.
I appreciate the machining and design of the axcels. The cbe (although crude) is a bulletproof, proven design.
My preference is axcel, mostly because I have a couple along with extra interchangeable blocks.
This is the biggest advantage. I can keep multiple scope sizes and pin setups, and switch whatever I want while maintaining 2nd and 3rd axis on each.
Another benefit is the rapid adjust....even though the cbe is fast and smooth.
You can go wrong with either.....but I give the edge to axcel.
If I were to categorize, the cbe is equal for 3D but loses in other target venues.

I just got the new achieve and sold an ax3000. Havent used it yet, but it looks to be a lighter, nicer upgrade over the ax series.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I haven't shot any CBEs but I have shot sure pics and currently shoot an AXCEL 3000. If I had to pick between the two I would pick the axcel 10/10. They are very solid and durable and cheaper than a sure loc. and much prettier! LOL!!

·
Registered
512 Posts
Sureloc......wouldn't use a free one

Axcel and CBE are both great.
I appreciate the machining and design of the axcels. The cbe (although crude) is a bulletproof, proven design.
My preference is axcel, mostly because I have a couple along with extra interchangeable blocks.
This is the biggest advantage. I can keep multiple scope sizes and pin setups, and switch whatever I want while maintaining 2nd and 3rd axis on each.
Another benefit is the rapid adjust....even though the cbe is fast and smooth.
You can go wrong with either.....but I give the edge to axcel.
If I were to categorize, the cbe is equal for 3D but loses in other target venues.

I just got the new achieve and sold an ax3000. Havent used it yet, but it looks to be a lighter, nicer upgrade over the ax series.
^^^^^^^^
All of that too! Much agreed.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
The older Sure-Loc Supreme's are good. Recent manufacturing in China has degraded quality... so I wouldn't by a new Sure-loc at this point.

CBE and Axcel both make great pieces. I'd give the edge to Axcel this year, their CNC'ing is impeccable and the production quality overall is impressive. It justifies the $380 pricetag.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds like axcel is the top runner

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Axcel AX3000
Works great for me. Will be buying another soon.
CBE's are nice too but I like the rapid adjust on the Axcel.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Won't touch a sure loc again. Have an axcel and loved it but getti a cbe. I like the quick adjust but trading that for a cbe for the locking features. Yes I know the new one has it but want to try something else. Cbe elite target is ordered.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
I love my Axcel sights and highly recommend them to anyone weather for target or hunting. They are pricey but in the end with ease of adjustability and over all strength it is way worth it.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
axcel achieve cxl is what im running i had an ax3000 and loved it just wanted the new sight i had sure locs liked them but i run axcels and love them i would say you cant go wrong with the axcels or the cbe but my first choice would be axcel

·
Registered
9,673 Posts
Of the ones I have used, CBE Elite and Quad Lite. QL for 3-D. Elite for everything else. Won't put a Sure Loc on my bow again. Wouldn't put the Axcells that far ahead of the SLs. The AX series was prone to a few issues, and usually the occurred at the wrong time. Press fit pins have a tendency to back out. Looks like they fixed that with the Achieve series, and probably going to give one of them a try. Wouldn't put an AX on my bows again though.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
I have shot all if them. I currently have a Axcel which I like and just bought the new Shrewd target sight. Very impressed with it. Thinking about selling the Axcel and ordering another.

·
Registered
51,117 Posts
I have used CBE and am getting a new CBE. Very nice well built sights IMHO. Nothing wrong with SureLoc either.
But how many of you actually know the CBE and Sureloc are owned by Scott Archery.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I havr had cbe elites and the axcel ax series. I like how adjustable the axcels are but who is gonna be that accurate so I don't see an advantage there over the cbes. I also beleive the cbe customer service is better in my opinion. And as far as the just how durable they look, hold one in each hand and look how much better they are made. But I guess that's my opinion to. I shoot and love cbes and haven't had any problems at all

·
Registered
9,194 Posts
Ordered an Axcel Achieve.
So far, with the AX3000 it was a good year. Gonna keep it on my indoor bow.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts