Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im new to indoor and 3d shooting and ive just bought my first target bow and im undecided on what sight to get. should i new the new sure loc phoenix or the axcel 3000? any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
difference?

I don't think you can go wrong with either, but I changed from Sureloc Supremes to Axcell sights and am very happy with the change.
since you have shot both what are the main differences?

·
Registered
971 Posts
I know it is not on your list, but maybe check out DS Advantage. I just got mine a couple of days ago and wow, it is great. Great looking, and very smooth. They are handmade by a guy in Canada named Detlef. You can find him if you search the classifieds (sights, scopes, stabilizers section). Here is a picture of mine, I opted for the 6" Bar.

·
Banned
670 Posts
Be careful there is one big difference between the two sight. The sure loc phoenix is a very nice sight and is very smooth comparable to the smoothness of the CBE sights. were the sure loc phoenix lacks is the capability to sight in and make sight tapes using sight marks with clicks on archery software.

The Axcel and older Sure loc's will give you 20 clicks between every sight mark with theese numbers you can make very precise marks and accurate sight tapes. Of course you can use a pair of calipers with Ontarget 2 but for me the clicks are the selling point..

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
since you have shot both what are the main differences?
The Axcel has a finer click adjustment (more clicks per inch). It is a little more sturdy. It also has a built in vibration dampener available in the bar instead of a plastic bracketed screw on part. This does not mean the Surelocs are not very good sights. I happily used them for 2+ years. However, after trying one of the Axcels, I felt that I would prefer them on all my bows.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I have used sure-loc for 10 years now and they are a great slide bar. I think you should get the one that you can afford and like the best on your bow. because both are top quality bars. I use the older lite and a new supreme I have had a challenger and think that they are the better indoor sight because they lock down the vertical ajustment.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
ive shot the supremes the challengers and now i just purchased an axcell. so far im 100% sold on the axcell, seems more durrable, i love the tightness of the turns on the axcell better than the sure locks and i also like where they have there quick adjust button. plus you get the vibration dampener built in.

but you would be happy with either sure loc or axcell

·
Registered
7,905 Posts
the Pheonix is a whole new deal!!! I own both Axcell sights and sureloc supremes. But the pheonix is gonna be my 3D sight! The wife got one, and I played with it, and I must say, I was actually pretty jealous!!
Ordered mine, and CANT WAIT. The smoothest most rapid adjust sight out to date.
But either way you can't to wrong.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.