Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi y'all

There seems to be a thousand different target compound bows, too many models, even from the same manufacturers, frankly I'm overwhelmed. What would be a good bow to get me started into maybe club matches, 3d and so? Don't need to be a brand new 2020.

·
SuperToon'd
11,796 Posts
Mathews Chill X and PSE Supra would be two good bows that you can probably pick up for a decent price

·
Registered
43 Posts
My PSE Shootdown is down for a day or two, so picked up the 2019 Stinger Extreme I started with. Everything is lighter than the fully outfitted Shootdown, but that Stinger is one sweet shooting bow. AND at about 1/4 the price. Now.. why did spend all the extra money to shoot the Shootdown???

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Have a Hoyt podium (a few years old) that I won’t part with. I also have a Bowtech fanatic 3.0 that is great. I have an Elite echelon 39 on eBay for sale. That is a very good bow also. Many companies have Greta target bows. PSE Supra and Xpression are also good bows.

·
Registered
9,805 Posts
What is your draw length? This is very important because of ATA (string angle) and where you fall on the cam. Are you new to archery? Do you want high let off or low let off? The bows I shoot are the ones I like best, my wife likes different bows because my draw length is 6 inches longer than hers.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What is your draw length? This is very important because of ATA (string angle) and where you fall on the cam. Are you new to archery? Do you want high let off or low let off? The bows I shoot are the ones I like best, my wife likes different bows because my draw length is 6 inches longer than hers.
My draw length is around 28.5
I'm not really new, I have a Win & Win olympic recurve, a PSE "traditional takedown" and I do have an old Parker hunting compound bow which I find amazingly accurate and stupid easy to hit things with but I fear if I show up with that thing to the range I will be laughed at LOL, there are so many super high tech compounds that I want to know where to look before dumping 1,800$ on another toy.

My Parker has a rather big "valley" and although IDK what the let off is I would say it's around 85% or more, and the wall is not really solid, I would like a little bit more let off weight and a more solid wall for stability, looking for 50# because I already got injured and I don't feel I need any more than that for now. A 40-60 will do pretty good. Looking for a 37-39" axle to axle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts