Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about buying one.would you recomend this one.Want to use it for getting to my stand in the morning or for tracking.If not what do you recomend would like to keep the cost under$50. Thanks to all in advance

·
Registered
8,806 Posts
i have a g2 light and love it. it is very very bright you may want a red filter for getting to your stand but for tracking after dark you can't beat it it lights up the ground like it's 12 oclock in the afternoon. the only problem i have with the light is battery life they eat up batteries like there's no tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
There is NO better flashlight out there for the money. Durable, waterproof, lightweight, and very bright! I have 2.

·
Engee Potgieter
5,888 Posts
Another vote for the G2, they are mind blowing. Buy one, you wont be sorry.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
I recently pick up a G2 and a weapons mount for my AR15. It is SUPER bright. I guess I'll be taking it(G2)to the woods with me in October.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
I have two G2's in my pack with extra batteries also.

They are super bright and stand up to a beating. (I should know, came home from work and my dog had it on the floor chewing it up. Still works!)

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
I dont have the G2 but I have several other surefire Products ... an E2o Outdoorsman as well as an Aviator .... not to mention the 10X Dominator

surefire is the best light around .... But they do eat up the Lithium batteries if you dont get the LED option ...

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Surefire makes the best lights. Period. BUT, I would caution you about the G2.
There is no "off" position with this light. On the other lights, you can unscrew
the tailcap a bit and it will not come on if the button is pressed. Not so the G2. If you carry in a pocket or pack, be advised the zenon bulbs get HOT!
Hot enough to start a fire. I also feel the surefire series are a bit overkill for
going to your stand. And the white lights do burn a set of batteries in 'bout an
hour. I do use my G2 for trailing, and I have a small disc of cardboard cut out
and placed in the tailcap to prevent accidental "on" situations. I also have the blue lens cap. It is not any better than just the fabulous beam for blood trails, imo.:)
Good Hunting

·
DefiantShooter
10,865 Posts
G2 -

Can't go worng with 'em!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts