Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone out there know where I could get aluminum arrows that are swaged at the point end? I have a dozen that were swaged by Montana Bowhunters Supply, but their phone has been disconnected.
I prefer to glue on my traditional broadheads for consistency and ease of tuning.
Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I haven't seen any lately, but they may still be around. I've been using the flight-mate style adapter, that glues into an AL shaft [replacing the rps insert], and has a taper for glueing on trad heads. They work very well and might be an alternative for you.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Why not get some Easton Alluminums (XX75) that have swaged nock ends. Get just the shafts, not the full arrow. Insert a nock to the unswagged end and fletch it. Basically your building the arrow backwards. I think this would work and am thinking about doing it as well.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
The flite mate style mentioned is probably your best alternative. Convenient, stronger and more cost effective also.

I have seen swaged shafts advertised recently though. If it comes back to me where I'll post it for you.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
I use to get swaged shafting from RJ Archery in Montana. They also swaged shafting for a number of retail dealers. I lost track of RJ years ago after local fires in the Bitteroot Mountains gave them some trouble and don't know where or if they're still swaging.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys!
Hey Tim at Braveheart. I just purchased some 125 grain Grizzlys from you on ebay. They are for some unswaged arrows for my elk hunt.
Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I thought that might be you, thank you! You can always see the whole line up at: www.braveheartarchery.us

Good luck on your elk hunt, I wish it was me!:)

Tim

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey everyone. I found a shop that swages in Ohio.
Mike's Archery
2630 S.R. 141
Ironton, OH. 45638
(740)532-0142
$10 a dozen and 2-3 days.
They will swage your shafts or you can buy shafts from them. They said they carry a full line of Easton shafts.
Thanks again!!
imabownut

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
That's good to know, it seems like its getting to be a lost art.:eek:

·
Registered
500 Posts
How good of a job does he do? Do they look pretty straight when he's done?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've had 3 people tell me what a good job he does. I guess I'll find out. I'm sending him 2 dozen shafts tomorrow.
I'll let you know how they come out. I'll even try to post some pics.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts