Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
WYOELK
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else excited about these, Ive been waiting for Swarovski to join the bino/rangefinding world for awhile. I wasnt a fan of their monocular rangefinder. These were just released yesterday. thumb_500_500_K11_EL_Range_10x42WB_cross_L[2831].jpg
EL RANGE
THE MEASURE OF ALL THINGS
CRYSTAL CLEAR VISION. PRECISE MEASURING. WITH THE NEW EL RANGE

The EL Range sets new standards: Uncompromising high-resolution observations with 91% transmission on both sides combined with precise range and angle measurement based on the unique SWAROAIM technology. The intuitive handling and its weight of less than 900 g turns the EL Range into the ideal hunting partner of the future.

·
Engee Potgieter
5,888 Posts
What a fantastic product!

·
Registered
949 Posts
Anyone interested in a 1st born child,left testicle or arm, crown jewels or zr-1 corvette? Selling all of those should buy me a pair of those binos right? Maybe?

·
In the begining God......
3,649 Posts
WOW, no telling how many of the Benjamins it will take to buy those. They are the finest optics I have ever had the priviledge of looking through.

Odd thing I had the opportunity to tour their facility while on a trip to Germany. I thought this will be a great opportuity to get a good pair, and some some money. WRONG, they were actually higher right there at the factory, than what I could purchase them for from Bass Pro, or Cabelas.

·
WYOELK
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found one place on the internet where a MSRP was listed and it was like $3100.00. Yea its pricey but about the same as Zeiss, and a little more than the Leicas. Sounds like they wont be available till October.

·
Registered
10,677 Posts
For those who like binoculars with a built in range finder more power to you but...
I despise the thought of any type of electronics built into a binocular or rifle scope. :thumbs_do
It's not a matter of if the electronics will fail but when !
It may take a few years but fail they will and, when it happens, I doubt, they will be warrantied any longer and it will be cost prohibitive to fix them. :thumbs_do
To me, it's kind of like buying a new Mercedes and having the power windows and air conditioning fail after the car is no longer under warranty. :plain:
You can still use the binoculars to view from when the electronics for the range finder fails, just like you can drive that Mercedes around in the summertime without power windows and air conditioning !
The question is, would you want to ? :)
I would much rather buy a standard Swarovision binocular and separate range finder ! :thumbs_up

·
Registered
949 Posts
If anyone will fix it itll be swarov. I buy ebay TRASHED binos and send them with no documentation and ask how much is it and they never answer they just send them back FIXED.

·
Shooter of flesh
7,661 Posts
From www.opticstalk.com

Swarovski EL Range 8x42 $2768.95

Swarovski EL Range 10x42 $2868.95
Interactive website

KEY FEATURES

2 Models – 8x42 and 10x42

Effective range – 33 to 1,500 yards / 30 m – 1375 m

SWARO-AIM technology. Gives corrected ballistic trajectory yardage distance for angled shots at the push of a button

Unprecedented Light Transmission – 91% in each barrel for a rangefinding binocular

Distinctive RED colored LCD small diameter aiming circle and distance display

Automatic display intensity adjustment or 5 manual intensity settings

Scan mode for moving game

Waterproof (to 13’ submersed), Airtight, Dustproof
Extremely wide FOV: 8x42 – 411’ @ 1000 yds, 10x42 – 330’ @ 1000 yds

4 position eyecups for 100% Field of View, increased viewing comfort even for eyeglass wearers

Longer eye relief than competition: 8x42 – 19.2 mm, 10x42 - 17.3 mm

Tough lightweight magnesium housing – 32 oz. (approx.)

Streamlined shape and wrap around grip to assist for a steady hold

Uses common CR2 battery
Supplied with new style neckstrap with spare battery holder, spare battery, field bag, ocular lens cover, objective lens covers, snap shot adapter

·
WYOELK
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Watch for my new 10X42 HD Leica Geovids in the classifieds, why couldnt they have came out with these about a month ago!

·
Banned
17,821 Posts
Wouldnt it be very difficult to range an animal at close distance (say 40 yards) with 10 power optics?

I would think all you would see is brown....and you would need the focus to be just right.

Maybe they are better suited to rifle hunting?

·
Registered
949 Posts
Regular binos make a fine rangefinder out to 50 yds anyway.^^^^^^^^These are aimed at LR rifle guys.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Wouldnt it be very difficult to range an animal at close distance (say 40 yards) with 10 power optics?

I would think all you would see is brown....and you would need the focus to be just right.

Maybe they are better suited to rifle hunting?
They are 8x or 10x not 100x.

These are gonna be one sweet set of binos...

·
Premium Member
11,427 Posts
Back in the late '80's/early 90's i was club champ and a top 3 contender at state level bowhunter freestyle limited (fingers..which was still close to 40% of archers back then) and i laid my bows down in '94..here it is 17 years latter and i have returned with a release shooting a superbly tuned PSE Omen and my first 3D?..i was appauled to hear and see that rangefinders were now permisable out on the courses..i dont like the idea of it as the big attraction of 3D for me was "UNKNOWN YARDAGE"..so it required parctice, skill and "a trained eye"..i would never use a RF in a real hunt situation as i would never risk making that much movement to use one if a deer were within 60 yards of me..oh i know..you're supposed to rangefind this tree and that prior too but still...with todays speedbows shooting single pin out to 40yds?..if you need a rangefinder with your speedbow?..imho you shouldnt be in the woods cause you havent practiced enough to have aqquired "a trained eye"...sorry..just the way i feel..old school probably..but to me the only folks who should have need for rangefinders are midwest rifle hunters and military snipers..not real, true..dedicated..bowhunters.

·
Registered
16,782 Posts
From www.opticstalk.com

Swarovski EL Range 8x42 $2768.95

Swarovski EL Range 10x42 $2868.95
Interactive website

KEY FEATURES

2 Models – 8x42 and 10x42

Effective range – 33 to 1,500 yards / 30 m – 1375 m

SWARO-AIM technology. Gives corrected ballistic trajectory yardage distance for angled shots at the push of a button

Unprecedented Light Transmission – 91% in each barrel for a rangefinding binocular

Distinctive RED colored LCD small diameter aiming circle and distance display

Automatic display intensity adjustment or 5 manual intensity settings

Scan mode for moving game

Waterproof (to 13’ submersed), Airtight, Dustproof
Extremely wide FOV: 8x42 – 411’ @ 1000 yds, 10x42 – 330’ @ 1000 yds

4 position eyecups for 100% Field of View, increased viewing comfort even for eyeglass wearers

Longer eye relief than competition: 8x42 – 19.2 mm, 10x42 - 17.3 mm

Tough lightweight magnesium housing – 32 oz. (approx.)

Streamlined shape and wrap around grip to assist for a steady hold

Uses common CR2 battery
Supplied with new style neckstrap with spare battery holder, spare battery, field bag, ocular lens cover, objective lens covers, snap shot adapter

WOW $3,000, ok i'll stick with my $100 cheapos then lol

·
Registered
682 Posts
For those who like binoculars with a built in range finder more power to you but...
I despise the thought of any type of electronics built into a binocular or rifle scope. :thumbs_do
It may take a few years but fail they will and, when it happens, I doubt, they will be warrantied any longer and it will be cost prohibitive to fix them. :thumbs_do
To me, it's kind of like buying a new Mercedes and having the power windows and air conditioning fail after the car is no longer under warranty. :plain:
You can still use the binoculars to view from when the electronics for the range finder fails, just like you can drive that Mercedes around in the summertime without power windows and air conditioning !
I would much rather buy a standard Swarovision binocular and separate range finder ! :thumbs_up
I could not agree more. I had read that the Leica rangefinding binos are covered for only 2 years, if I remember correctly. Leica, Zeiss, even Swarovski are not going to warranty the electronics for life, not ever. Neat, neat product, but I would prefer to have a very bombproof bino from the top 3, and a seperate rangefinder.

Brent

·
Premium Member
11,427 Posts
I could not agree more. I had read that the Leica rangefinding binos are covered for only 2 years, if I remember correctly. Leica, Zeiss, even Swarovski are not going to warranty the electronics for life, not ever. Neat, neat product, but I would prefer to have a very bombproof bino from the top 3, and a seperate rangefinder.

Brent
That makes 3 of us...and i have a $1,000 swarovski scope on my .308 FN Herstal Patrolmans Bolt Rifle and it rocks but i aint down with any electronics in a scope or binos..especially $3K worth.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts