Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a week ago or so I posted a thread titled "why I hunt". On it I posted a pic of a buck a friend of mine had taken while he was out scouting by my hunting camp. He had told me where he had spotted it so last weekend I had time to go search for him myself. Well I found him, and while I don't think he's as big as what it looked like on the pic he sent me, he's still a shooter going in the mid to high 180's. I was able to get within 35yds of him and get almost 4min of video. The pics here aren't really a true representation of him because I took picture of of my wide screen television while playing the video, they give you a bit of an idea. He's not really as wide as he looks, probably in the 23"-24" range, but he's taller, with the G2's going about 12". I'm headed out Monday for 10 days, wish me luck!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Notice in the second pick he's sticking his tounge out at me, I hope I get the last laugh!

·
bowonlywhitetails
16,757 Posts
Thats an awesome buck, hope you stick him!

·
Banned
2,988 Posts
why would you try and get so close to him right before the season??
Nice buck tho

·
Registered
6,375 Posts
Awesome buck!! Goodluck

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
why would you try and get so close to him right before the season??
Nice buck tho
It's a long story, I wasn't trying to get that close to him, that's just the way it ended up. We left on friendly terms.

·
Registered
151 Posts
ooooooooooh
aaaaaaaaaah:tongue:
That's all you get..lol. Great buck and good luck!

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Don't be disappointed at the score, I'm thinking closer to 160. Still a great buck though, good luck!!
Bare in mind it's a 300lb+ animal and like I said, the picture isn't a true representation because it was a photo take off of my wide screen tv of the video I took. I've been a guide for these Alberta bruisers for twelve years, and hunting them for 32yrs. It'll break 180 no question about it.

·
Registered
7,917 Posts
nice buck ,good luck with him

·
bowonlywhitetails
16,757 Posts
Bare in mind it's a 300lb+ animal and like I said, the picture isn't a true representation because it was a photo take off of my wide screen tv of the video I took. I've been a guide for these Alberta bruisers for twelve years, and hunting them for 32yrs. It'll break 180 no question about it.
I was going to say the same thing, people don't take body size into consideration when guessing scores on here. Last year I posted a 250+ lb ten pointer and asked for scores, I actually had two people guess 145", I didn't get him but I heard that he grossed 178". That buck is 180+ all day.

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was going to say the same thing, people don't take body size into consideration when guessing scores on here. Last year I posted a 250+ lb ten pointer and asked for scores, I actually had two people guess 145", I didn't get him but I heard that he grossed 178". That buck is 180+ all day.
I remember as a teen watching Bill Jordan killin them Texas whitetail an thinking they were giants. I didn't even know a deer could be full grown and only weigh 120-140lbs.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Nice... Good luck!

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Big bucks.
I have a friend coming up from PA Monday. Pick him up at the airport, a quick stop at Cabelas, then off to the cabin for 10 days to try to get this guy, maybe a muley, a moose or two, and hopefully the Elk will be bugling by then and maybe pick up one of those too.

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Here are a few more pics I just took directly off of the view finder on my video camera. They show a more accurate picture of him.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts