Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as many of you prolly read i shot a decent 7 point opening evening here in missouri 9-15 that i was unable to recover:( this really rattled my confidence the shot was only 20 yds. and i'd like to consider myself as being a good shot. well tonight i got redemption:)

i was hunting next to a rye field we have been seeing a pair of shooter bucks visiting along with 4 other smaller bucks.i havent hunted this stand in 2 years as i takes the perfect wind as the deer usually bed only a few hundred yards away in a grown up brushy field.with a front coming in tonight i figured this would be a perfect set.

it was sprinkling by the time i got settled at about 5:00 the first hour and a half all i seen were about 15 squirrels munching on acorns in a large oak beside me.at least they kept me entertained.i figured the going would be slow as the deer havent been entering the field until about a half hour before dark.with storm clouds rolling in i spotted movement in the woods to my right it was a big doe but she had already cleared my shooting lanes i didnt even hear her as the wind was blowing around 25mph.she skirted the edge of the brushy field at approx. 30 yds but didnt offer a clear shot. i was kicking myself for not paying closer attention when i noticed more movement in the woods it was another doe she was already in range but i couldnt get a clear shot until she was almost right under me.the 100gr. muzzy took out both lungs and the far shoulder blade before digging into the dirt.the deer dropped at the shot then stumbled about 10yds and was down for good.she was dead within the minute.shes not the biggest deer i've killed but she'll eat good and hold a place in my heart as does every deer i harvest with stick and string.i'll try to post some pics in the next couple days as i couldnt find my digital camera.:darkbeer: :darkbeer: :darkbeer:

·
NAASP
14,399 Posts
way to go!

you fell, but you got back up!:darkbeer:

Now for a buck.:wink:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts