Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy of mine was having a heck of a time and driving himself crazy. He was all over the target and was not sure what was happening. He was using a TruGlo Extreme sight and the windage was moving while shooting. At 20 yards his shots would be 6" to the right after about 10 shots. Soooo, we went sight shopping. We found so many nice ones it was dizzying. He liked the G5 Optix (too pricey IMHO), the Cobra Sidewinder with SureLoc extension and the Sidewinder with the Cobra extension. All were a little more $$$ than he wanted to spend, though. We then found the Cobra Viper with the extension bar. I am telling you, for $50 it is SWEET! Pin brightness was a bit anemic, but a nice, solid little sight overall. We ended up removing the pins and long fibers (which each had their own little clear tube over them) from the TruGlo and transplanting them into the Viper sight and running them along the extension bar. Now the sight rocks! He has been shooting great with it and the machine work is much better than the TruGlo with a much better fit on the windage dovetail.

On a side note.....I tried my F-22 sight on his Cobra extension and it fit! So I bought an extension for $20 and put my sight head on it. The 6" of extension has made a noticeable difference in accuracy for me.

So if anybody would like a decent sight at a great price check out the Cobra Viper. Very nice for the cash!

·
Registered
17,864 Posts
I'm thinking of buying a second one.

If pin brightness isn't enough, turn on the light.
What I didn't like was that the light sticks into the sight window too far. But I made a shroud that took care of it.

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He doesn't need the sight now anyway....:wink: The sight that came with it is too bright for use in the woods in low light. It "washes out" the target. But with the 8" fibers the pins are visible in near total darkness. And it only took about 10 minutes for me to transplant the pins and fibers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts