Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a sweet spot 2 and i would like to get good with it, but i have a problem. when i draw back and hit the safety i have to pull so hard for it to go off. i know for beginners like me you don't want it to snap right off but it feels like i am pulling a tank so i want it to go off a little easier. any suggestions?

·
Registered
395 Posts
There is an adjustment screw to lighten it up. Just turn it a little at a time until you find your happy place. I don't have mine here right now, but if you look at yours you will find the little allen key screw. Sorry I can't be more spacific.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
There should be two set screws on the bottom side of the hinge. Loosen the front one, the farthest from the handle about 1/8 of a turn and tighten the back one snug. That should speed it up a little. If not enough, give it a little more but be careful. Once you get close, a little goes a long ways.

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
i have a sweet spot 2 and i would like to get good with it, but i have a problem. when i draw back and hit the safety i have to pull so hard for it to go off. i know for beginners like me you don't want it to snap right off but it feels like i am pulling a tank so i want it to go off a little easier. any suggestions?

..you need to RELAX your hand while maintaining back tension.....the release is designed to ROTATE.....

·
Registered
444 Posts
It also helps if you relax your arm muscles while pulling thru with your shoulder muscles arm muscles tight makes hand tight and hard to break off a good shot

1 - 5 of 5 Posts