Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just want to know if anyone has any information about the new Sweet Spot 2. I'm told that it will not misfire. I have the Sweet Spot and it has begun to misfire consistantly. I bloodied my nose with it today. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks, Penchey.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Oh, I see, you were asking about the safety.

There is a lever on the top of the release that makes it much harder to fire the arrow: You draw back, reach full draw, and *then* let the lever loose. At this point you can use back-tension for clockwise rotation of your string elbow (or whatever it is that you think is "back tension"). But I find the main advantage of the safety is to let the shot down! :)

But I draw a compound in a way where I *EXPECT* the release to come loose---sooner or later, it always does! Besides, you want to be able to shoot stuff like a Longhorn 3 or Zenith....

kgk

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
If you set your sweet spot to a "hairy" position, it will sometimes prefire. The sweet spot 2 will not prefire regardless of how you set it. The key is to set your release as it should be set - slow! Do not set it hairy as you totally overcome the value and purpose of any release. Hairy equals anticipation which is simply a different form of TP.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not positive but I don't think it is set "hairy". Other shooters have commented they can't believe I can get the darned thing to go off because it is set so tough. I do have room to move it so I will set it as tight as I can get and see. I can not at this moment let it down, it WILL go off. I have double and triple checked the safety and it has been set. My husband says the problem is that I shoot it with the rope on it and not a D loop on my bow. I am a little gun shy at the moment. The thing went off twice before I bloodied my nose and once again the very next shot (after I got my nose to stop gushing). I am going to shoot my cascade for our team tournament this Wednesday and go from there. I will pick up the sweet spot again because I do like shooting it, I get the surprise release you are suppose to and I can feel the better form. Thanks for the help and any other info you have would be most appreciated. Including the cost of the conversion. :( :D

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
It is possible that the pivot pin is broken. If you have it set hard, send it back for warranty service. There is obviously a problem with it.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
If your set screws have moved you are no longer having a slow pull. My son and I had that problem. The set screws moved and it was going off. We now check these screws regularly. You should lock tite these once the setting is correct.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
I simply love the Sweet Spot (SS) but I wasn't able to set it like I want. I move to the Carter Solution 2.5 and it is a very good release.

I emailed Tru Ball for more info on the SS 2 and they told me that the head was closer to the handle and there is only one screw set instead of two and it can be adjusted very light without any danger of misfire!

I will try one for sure.

By the way Lancaster Archery do not have them in stock right now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts