Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
8,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week I purchased the Sweetspot Go/No Go to try out and below you will find my review.

I bought this for my Halon 32 and mounted it to my Spot Hogg Hogg Father double pin sight. I don’t shoot a lot of competition but I want to tighten up my groups. I was skeptical going in that I would see results.

Initial setup was super easy! I used a lot of glue and mounted the sensor on the front of my riser at the Berger hole. I waited over night for the glue to dry and tested it the following morning.

I mounted the LED lights on top of the scope so it wouldn’t put glare on my lens (spot Hogg puts the lens in front of the pin). They are very easy to see and are no way a distraction when aiming.

After calibration I fired 4 shots and reviewed my results. The results varied from 439 to 412. I shot 4 more and was more consistent at 423 - 413.

I set my range from 425 - 412 and shot 2 more groups. After only 8 arrows I could already see a trend, my shot gets weaker with each arrow and my shots correspond, moving from left to right!

At no time did the lights bother me and they did not flash back and forth from green to red like I thought they would.

My overall rating on this device is a 10 out of 10. It will be a tremendous training tool and really come in handy on angled shots!!!

I highly recommend you pick one up!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,738 Posts
I bought the Sweetspot pro and can not use it on my PSE Evolve 35, theres no where to mount the sensor on the front of riser.
I think this was addressed - there are a few places to mount it to. I believe they spoke on it in a video. But I could be wrong, I just remember them talking about the PSE and some of the grooves in the risers did prove to make it more difficult.

·
Smilin' Bob
25,077 Posts

·
Smilin' Bob
25,077 Posts
I wish the led cable was longer - enough that I could mount the box below the grip on the left (bowhand) side. Would keep a little more weight down and left and more importantly keep the unit from being the high spot should the bow fall over.

·
Registered
10,738 Posts
I wish the led cable was longer - enough that I could mount the box below the grip on the left (bowhand) side. Would keep a little more weight down and left and more importantly keep the unit from being the high spot should the bow fall over.
I ordered longer cables from Amazon for the same reason :)

·
Registered
8,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Its interesting that the changing pressure changed your lefts and rights, I would have thought it would be more highs and lows.
Strong shots pull left and weak shots push right, at least for me they do!

·
Smilin' Bob
25,077 Posts

·
Registered
10,738 Posts
Part number?

I just searched "Male to Male micro usb" lots of choices.

As for the led side of things I think it would just be called micro USB extension.

I actually re mounted mine and it's all good. I mounted it on the riser facing me. So if it gets knocked over it doesn't get banged.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Smilin' Bob
25,077 Posts
I just searched "Male to Male micro usb" lots of choices.

As for the led side of things I think it would just be called micro USB extension.

I actually re mounted mine and it's all good. I mounted it on the riser facing me. So if it gets knocked over it doesn't get banged.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I mocked up a rear-facing and didn’t like it much. Thanks for the idea.

Anyone see Sander’s mount for it? Pretty slick if you want it on the sight bar.

I would try the sensor right below the stabilizer hole on that old evolve.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts