Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who has shot the new Razor 254 fixed blade? It looks pretty tough with a nice thick (.075”) blade.

Accuracy (out of the box), durability, weight consistency, sharpness, etc.

·
Registered
255 Posts
cant speak much about the 254, but I can about the 252. I was shooting the 3 blade expandable swhacker for the past 4 years until this season I switched to the fixed blade design. I went from shooting an expandable to a 1.5" fixed blade without having to make any sight adjustments or tuning. being they are very thick blades they hold up extremely well. ive killed a pig and deer with them and both made a pass through and the blades did NOT have any dings or rolled edges. blades are shaving sharp out of the pack. Im a big fan of these new heads, and would expect them to be a big hit for swhacker.

·
Gold Supporting Archer
10,531 Posts
Looks like a nice head. I have not tried it or held one in my hands so I can’t answer.

It appears broadhead manufacturers are really gravitating towards the cut on impact (COC) heads the last several years.

What I see here is a thick headed blade but a too small cut of 1 inch. The bleeders are 3/4 of an inch ? Website says .75.

With this in mind, sizing it all up, we can buy for instance a Wasp Boss or Muzzy 4 bladers that cut a full 1 inch and even 1-1/16 inch with a super bad broadhead tip instead of thick blades to bust bone, and less cost ?

But if your a Swacker fan, you grab em up because certainly these things do look lethal.

I still don’t see anything better than the German Kinetic Silverflames in the COC marketplace and lots of simulators trying to catch some market share for those of us not wanting to pay up for the GK Silverflames.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
735 Posts
I cannot speak for Swhacker but the Steelforce Phat Head line looks identical and flies fantastic. I use the Big Phat head 4 blade which looks almost identical to the Swhacker Razor 252. I am not sure if there was collaboration with steelforce in Swhacker's offering but I can tell you the steelforce big phat head is my absolute favorite fixed blade...flies great for a large cutting fixed head.

·
BowhunterT100
6,724 Posts
I use the steelforce big phat head's and phat head's are the same, they make them for swhacker

·
Full Time Novice
8,310 Posts
I cannot speak for Swhacker but the Steelforce Phat Head line looks identical and flies fantastic. I use the Big Phat head 4 blade which looks almost identical to the Swhacker Razor 252. I am not sure if there was collaboration with steelforce in Swhacker's offering but I can tell you the steelforce big phat head is my absolute favorite fixed blade...flies great for a large cutting fixed head.
Bingo Nate at steelforce is making them. Someone give this man a prize. No they didn't buy phatheads. From what I was told the are made with a cheaper steel.

·
Gold Supporting Archer
10,531 Posts
I don’t get why everyone gets so excited about a 1 inch cut fixed head ? What’s so revolutionary in it ?

·
Gold Supporting Archer
10,531 Posts
are they that small? not for me either if that's the case, the 180gr phat heads are really good proportions though (1 1/8" 3/4" bleeders)
Yes, read the specs from the page I posted. Nothing extraordinarily different.

Now talk German Kinetics XXL and you get almost a 2 inch cut on a fixed head starting @ only 175 grains.

·
Registered
350 Posts
cant speak much about the 254, but I can about the 252. I was shooting the 3 blade expandable swhacker for the past 4 years until this season I switched to the fixed blade design. I went from shooting an expandable to a 1.5" fixed blade without having to make any sight adjustments or tuning. being they are very thick blades they hold up extremely well. ive killed a pig and deer with them and both made a pass through and the blades did NOT have any dings or rolled edges. blades are shaving sharp out of the pack. Im a big fan of these new heads, and would expect them to be a big hit for swhacker.
Gonna dig this thread back up.

Picked up 2 packs of the 252s ome clearance, I was planning on using them for turkeys. Do they fly/tune well for you? Specifically at longer range? I haven't shot them yet, but if they fly well I may just use them as my big game heads as well.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Gonna dig this thread back up.

Picked up 2 packs of the 252s ome clearance, I was planning on using them for turkeys. Do they fly/tune well for you? Specifically at longer range? I haven't shot them yet, but if they fly well I may just use them as my big game heads as well.
I've shot them out to 50 yards and they do extremely well for a large fixed head. I'm very pleased in the performance of these broadheads

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
350 Posts
I've shot them out to 50 yards and they do extremely well for a large fixed head. I'm very pleased in the performance of these broadheads

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
That's good to know. I had been planning on only using them for turkeys figuring it would only be 10-20 yard shots and I could get them to tune for that short.

I was originally planning on using something of the 125gr variety to get me over 500 grains for deer and elk. Probably the muzzy trocar crossbow, since the regular trocars fly so well.

But I will test these out and maybe just keep em! Thanks again.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts