Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first bow, and I have been shooting for a little over a year now. I notice yesterday that when i am at full draw I could get just a little more movement out of it, like maybe a 1/4inch or so. Is this normal for this model or is there something going on. Just wondering and not sure why I just noticed it.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Xt

the bow is fine.. from my experience most mathews are like this b/c they dont have draw stop pegs. when the cam rolls over its stops when it hits the buss cables. that the reason i quit shooting mathews years ago. its all about the shooters prefernce.

BTW the switchback XT is a great bow just keep shooting and try to draw it the same everytime

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Holy smokes

This is my first bow, and I have been shooting for a little over a year now. I notice yesterday that when i am at full draw I could get just a little more movement out of it, like maybe a 1/4inch or so. Is this normal for this model or is there something going on. Just wondering and not sure why I just noticed it.
HOLY SMOKES. Finally I have heard it from someone else. I have the exact same thing. I don't think it is the string stretching either. I wish there was a way to fix it. There may be, but when it comes to bows the only thing I can really "tune" is Tuna Fish(bad stupid joke i know)! I would like to hear from some more knowledgable bow mechanics. Is this normal? I really love the bow, and I can even live with it as the "second wall" is pretty solid. But IF it is a tuning issue, I would love to have it fixed!

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
More Thoughts

I wish I had a lot of experience shooting a great many bows but I don't. I have a Marting Slayer that the wall seems "strange" to me on also. It is as if I hit the "wall" and then have to "stretch" the string farther to really hit a solid point. I have a HOYT Vortec that has me knowing what I would love for a wall to feel like but Ican't find a cam to shorten the draw length. I think that has a draw stop peg that doubles to change the let-off.

]@^^^ !+, I never worried about or even thought of things like this until I learned back tension!:angry:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Do mathews cams have an optional cam peg to set your back wall location and keep it there?

·
Premium Member
960 Posts
This is the reason I went away from Mathews bows......I couldn't stand the spongy backwalls anymore.

Not sure if they have gotten better or not, but I like having a solid backwall to pull against.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
HOLY SMOKES. Finally I have heard it from someone else. I have the exact same thing. I don't think it is the string stretching either. I wish there was a way to fix it. There may be, but when it comes to bows the only thing I can really "tune" is Tuna Fish(bad stupid joke i know)! I would like to hear from some more knowledgable bow mechanics. Is this normal? I really love the bow, and I can even live with it as the "second wall" is pretty solid. But IF it is a tuning issue, I would love to have it fixed!
here is a link from the DIY section....http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1037273&highlight=switchback
this guy made a really nice peg for his.
Pm the guy and he will send you the pictures I am sure.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
oooops

That is made for a Switchback. We are shooting SwitchbackXTs. Different cams aren'tthey. I will check Mathews' website!

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Thanks. I am going to PM him and see what it's all about!
That is made for a Switchback. We are shooting SwitchbackXTs. Different cams aren'tthey. I will check Mathews' website!
Let me know what you find out. I have a regular switchback, and am interested in how he did that.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
can you modify his idea?
if you scroll down you can see the pictures.
its not the best stop but its pretty dang good.

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
you really notice the wall

when you start shooting other bows that aren't Mathews. I just picked up the Accomplice 34 from Athens and found out what people mean by a solid back wall. Still not selling me my XT though......

1 - 13 of 13 Posts