Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I purchased a left over 2005 Switchback a few months ago and I am having issues with noise at the end of the shot. I've been to several shops and listened to their Switchbacks and they don't make that whacking sound that mine does. I shoot CT Cheetah 400's and thought that maybe they were to light, I shoot a 60 pound bow. I borrowed a much heavier arrow and tried it but even though it dampened the sound a little it still has a distinct whack at the end of the shot. Will an STS system address this issue or is there something else I can do to eliminate the noise
Thanks, Venison

·
Bow Huntin' pure-n-simple
4,922 Posts
First thing, you will always hear a differant sound when you're the one doing the shooting instead of the one listening. I too hear a whacking sound when I shoot but my wife standing next to me hears nothing ?? go figure but then there's always many other reasons, differant rest not set-up right? Bow out of spec, something loose, the release next to your ear??. Have somebody stand near you without telling them what to be listening for and see what they hear

·
Bow Huntin' pure-n-simple
4,922 Posts
P.S. You don't need a sts or anything else on a SwitchBack !!

L

·
0 Posts
Check the rubber bumpers on the thingymabobs on the limbs/string, they will wear out.

·
Banned
14 Posts
quiet

check your rest and make sure it is tuned right if that doesnt work take it back to the shop were you bought it and tell themit has a defect and you should be able to get a new bow probably an 06 because mathews carries a lifetime warranty the one I shoot is very quiet so you may have some sort of defect try it out.

·
Registered
11,005 Posts
venison said:
Thanks L-train but my rubber baby buggy bumpers are new : )
Yes . . . . but can you say it 3 times fast?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts