Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been hunting with Jennings and Bear bows the last 4 years. I've gotten real comfortable shooting from the wide valley that these two bows provide, Last year, I thought about updating to a Mathews, and was surprised that the bow I tried out had " NO VALLEY ", and was released from the wall!! Is this true with the switchback also?? Did any of you have a problem making the switch from shooting from the valley to shooting from the wall?? My draw weight has dropped steadily from #70 down to #50 over the last 10 years ( I'm 66 years old ) and wondered if Mathews would build a #40-#50 lb on request?? DEERJOHN

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
You can order a 40-50 pound Switchback from any dealer if they don't have 1 in stock. Single cams shoot better if shot off the wall & for most it isn't a problem, just get the correct draw length. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
The Switchback in my opnion has a generous valley. On the other hand (and this is only my opnion as well) The Outback and Switchback XT don't have any valley and are all wall as you put it. Actually a bow with all wall will make you a better shooter because it doesn't allow you to creep and makes you shoot with better form. I'm just not that good so that's why I like the Switchback.

TEXAS

1 - 3 of 3 Posts