Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK just wondering if anyone can give me an idea of the speed I'm shooting. The shop I go to their chrono isn't working because I keep getting speeds of like 126 :eek: Anyway I'm shooting 30" @ 70# with a 440 grain arrow. Anybody have an idea? I'm thinking 260 or so

·
Registered
28,220 Posts
The one I had was 65lb, 323gr arrow, 28" draw and it was about 281fps. I test shot another one in the shop on 65% letoff, 63lbs same arrow and draw and it shot 278fps. I do think the SB speeds are not what they advertise but they are smooth.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Mathews tests their bows at a 30" draw @ 70# with a 420 grain arrow. They list fps @ 308. But, if you have added anything onto the string, leaches, D loop, peep, kisser, etc..., then you will drop approximately 5fps for every accessory. As well as the added weight of the arrows. With your set up, you should be shooting around 280 fps. Which, in my oppinion is plenty fast for anything you use it for.

·
Registered
28,220 Posts
stew said:
Mathews tests their bows at a 30" draw @ 70# with a 420 grain arrow. They list fps @ 308. But, if you have added anything onto the string, leaches, D loop, peep, kisser, etc..., then you will drop approximately 5fps for every accessory. As well as the added weight of the arrows. With your set up, you should be shooting around 280 fps. Which, in my oppinion is plenty fast for anything you use it for.
I think maybe you have the wrong company and bow. I don't know of any comany that uses a 420gr arrow for testing. They use the IBO standard of 70# 30" draw and 350gr arrow. Plus the SB is advertised at 318 IBO. You may be thinking about the Outback. Again though they use a 350gr arrow for testing.

·
Registered
8,821 Posts
pinshooter said:
The one I had was 65lb, 323gr arrow, 28" draw and it was about 281fps. I test shot another one in the shop on 65% letoff, 63lbs same arrow and draw and it shot 278fps. I do think the SB speeds are not what they advertise but they are smooth.

Right on Pinshooter, where's Sage?

·
Registered
642 Posts
stew, the switchback couldnt possibly shoot that. It shoots 318 w/350g arrow. With a 420g at 30" it would probaly shoot around 280. With a 440g around 265-270 range.

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
el Pollo Loco said:
OK just wondering if anyone can give me an idea of the speed I'm shooting. The shop I go to their chrono isn't working because I keep getting speeds of like 126 :eek: Anyway I'm shooting 30" @ 70# with a 440 grain arrow. Anybody have an idea? I'm thinking 260 or so

You should be around 283 f/s.

·
NC ASA Director
36,124 Posts
Durocab1 said:
Right on Pinshooter, where's Sage?
Kiss my behind! ;)

Can't say it any nicer!

·
NC ASA Director
36,124 Posts
pinshooter said:
Now theres a job no one wants. :rolleyes:
The guys at work don't seem to mind. :p

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.