Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Roll Tide
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all that has been said and written about the SwitchBack and getting the correct idler wheel lean and all that, it sure has been helpful to those of us that really wouldn't of known about any of that.

Mine was way out there right soon as I got the bow and thanks to an archery shop that knew what they were doing, they were able to get my bow in spec. It has shot WONDERFUL since then but I noticed in my last couple of shooting sessions that I was shooting off center and grouping rather consistent. I stoked it up to being an off day first, and then today I picked it up where I left off the day before. I checked the wheel lean and it's off just a touch now. When doing the flush arrow measurement (where the field tip will be dead center of the string @ knocking point) my tip is just maybe 2-3 MM off to the left. Where as it was dead center. I don't have a press to work on the SwitchBack here but I was wondering for those in the know...with the Barracuda string how many shots can you get out of a well tuned bow before you have to put a twist or two in it? As for now I have made just a slight windage adjustment and I'm back on trek but I really don't know how much these Cuda string will stretch beyond this point. Just asking those in the know.

·
Registered
48 Posts
It is not uncommon at all to have to time the switchback right out of the box; making sure that the 2 timing holes on the cam line up parallel with the string. Also the ATA is in check as well as the brace height and of course the idler lean. The new barracuda strings that they are making now are good stock strings. But they still with tend to stretch for about 150-300 shots or so. Thats will all strings,some just stretch and twist more than others. Probably just another twist or 2 should do the trick. If its like most that i've worked on then its probably the right side of the yoke system. Good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts