Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a xt this summer from a local archery store and have put at least 500 hundred shots through it. I took it to the shop because i was tearing alittle and i thought they could get it out. They shot the bow and got the same tear. The tech told me that he would take out a few twists out of one of the yoke cable at the top by the idler. First shot, tear is gone but the cam looks like it is leaning. And it is not hitting in the middle of the dampener. Is this a worry or should i do something? Looking for some advice.

Thanks,

EK

·
Registered
17,825 Posts
lay a carbon arrow on the left side of the idler (right hand bow)run the tip down to your nok point,the tip of your arrow should touch the center of the string.and your idler should be straight while at full draw.go to mathews website and look up vinces tuning method, i think there is a stickey on it.

·
Registered
23,628 Posts
Mind you, Mathews bows equipeed with the roller guard need some degree of lean, which is what the arrow on the idler indicates......

·
Registered
256 Posts
dtrkyman said:
lay a carbon arrow on the left side of the idler (right hand bow)run the tip down to your nok point,the tip of your arrow should touch the center of the string.and your idler should be straight while at full draw.go to mathews website and look up vinces tuning method, i think there is a stickey on it.

Yup! This works.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts