Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone still shoot this bow?just got good deal on used one would like to hear from xt shooters ,mostly those that shoot the 60#ers .hope this will be a smooth shooter.going to give 60# a try do to injury.have spent some time with a shop demo a couple of years ago.not the latest and fastest bow by any means but do remember being very impressed at the time.will only be used as whitetail treestand bow and for fun on 3d.

·
Maaaaaahh......THWACK!
2,691 Posts
smooth as silk.........

slow as molases on a winter day.

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
slow as molases on a winter day.
Speed isnt evrything.Dont get me wrong it nice very nice, but if the bow shot well for me I wouldnt care. There have been a lot of deer downed with this bow.

Congrats to you.

·
Registered
50,379 Posts
Fast----not by todays standard-----but there is nothing I won't hunt for with it in North America and at 55#, 27 1/2" draw.
I'm in the market for a new bow(my XT is 3 years old now) but I just haven't found one that I like even a tiny bit more than mine.
IMHO it is one of the smoothest, most comfortable bow they have built to date.:wink:

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
anyone still shoot this bow?just got good deal on used one would like to hear from xt shooters ,mostly those that shoot the 60#ers .hope this will be a smooth shooter.going to give 60# a try do to injury.have spent some time with a shop demo a couple of years ago.not the latest and fastest bow by any means but do remember being very impressed at the time.will only be used as whitetail treestand bow and for fun on 3d.
am a Martin man have been since 84
got and XT 3 years ago and I love this bow for hunting
only thing and I find it consistent with most bows today
when you need to let down on a deer man it takes off
you will find it to be a sweet hunting companion and deer slayer
I still shoot Scepters for 3d and dots

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Been through all the latest and greatest.......had some nice bows, but none like the xt. All money and bs aside, this is the bow I chose and it will be around for a long long time

·
Registered
287 Posts
Three elk in four years, must be fast enough i guess.Have 4 other "newer" bows, but the xt alwys seems to my choice to git 'er done.Come crunch time it's hard to lay it aside.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Great Bow

I have had and do have other speed demons. But when it comes to hunting, I always pull this bow out first. It is more than enough bow and still has a special place in my heart,

·
Banned
2,877 Posts
Put it this way-- This past summer i was in the market for a new hunting bow. I shot all the latest and greatest and was willing to fork out as much money as i needed for that perfect hunting bow. Then i found a BRAND NEW XT at my local shop 60 lb. 30 in draw that was the only one leftover. I demo shot it on the range, and walked out that day with it. Its sooo smooth and dead in the hand. Perfect hunting bow in my opinion!

·
Registered
9,509 Posts
Great shooting bow, miss it sometimes but the DXT that I replaced it with is also a saweet shooter:wink:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sounds good so far realy boosting my feelings for this bow. will be shooting 27" beman ics 400's with 3 blazers and i kinda prefer 125 gr slicktrick mags for a total wt of 405 gr not sure what my speed will be but im trying to promise myself never to chrono this bow.

·
Registered
834 Posts
I have two of these that I use mostly to hunt and sometimes to shoot targets with a group of mainly hunters. I have been wanting to take a look at the new Z7 and have the money saved up, but when I get thu shooting my XT's, reality sets in and I ask myself why would I even consider another bow for hunting because this bow fits me to a "T", it is simple to tune, quiet, paid for, have several parts and accessories for it, and I can shoot it better than any bow I have ever owned. If speed is all you are looking for, you can do better. It is probably not perfect (wish it had a smaller grip), but the best way I know to describe it is bulletproof. I have made up my mind to stay put with what I have and put that money toward a hunt somewhere. It's kind of like asking a bunch of rifle hunters what is the best caliber rifle for deer hunting. To me it is a tried and true bow, somewhat like the 30-06 rifle.
That's my 2 cents worth.

·
Classifieds Administrator
39,207 Posts
One of the greatest bows Mathews has ever made. Love mine and wouldn't think of selling it. Have two buddies that own one too and they love their XT's. Smooth and deadly accurate.

Buddy has his at 29 DL and at 70#'s and is shooting 285 fps with it so that is plenty fast for hunting.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
one negative

the only thing negative with mine is the wall is very "mushy", and i hate that for back tension. i am no tuner so it could be that. plus the string may have some stretch in it. i don't know what it is called, but someone on here pointed it out to me. it is when the string isn't stretched at rest, but it stretches at full draw and then returns to it's normal length.like elastic. so like i said, with a good tuner it may have a solid wall!

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
I just bought

one for myself off the classifieds on here, thanks to WEAVE. I am waiting on my Downforce rest to get back from Mathews in WI then it will be ready to shoot. I sold a Switchback by mistake on here and waited about 7 months before I had to buy the XT. Wanted to give the XT a spin due to the incredible reputation of the bow. Good luck with it, I can't wait for next fall!

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Switchback XT vs. Outback

Since so many here on this thread seem to have experience with the Switchback XT can you compare it to the Outback? Seems they both are very similiar.? Have an Outback coming this week off of the classifieds and want to know the main differences. Thanks and hope I am not hi-jacking this thread by asking this.
Greg:)

·
www.paramadness.com
2,803 Posts
Alot of people say its the smoothest bow Mathews has ever built, I had the 70# had to sell it because of a shoulder injury, but now that the Z7 is out i'll look for a good 60# er on AT and have another one in my collection

·
Registered
362 Posts
I bought mine for my first bow used also. Changed the rest to a limbdriver. It kills deer just fine and shoots spots and 3-d for me too. I love mine. its smooth. Let off like stated above is high but I like it. I'm shooting mine at 61 lbs and am getting 268 fps. Not blazing but it gets the job done

1 - 20 of 24 Posts