Votes: 52 52.0%
  • Ross CR334

Votes: 48 48.0%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in a quagmire here and was wondering what you guys thought. Any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
The ross is as good a bow or better and you will pay considerably less for one than a mathews. Plus the ross will come with a really good string and set of cables(winners choice). Here is a pic of mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
2 great bows, after shooting both at one at a bow shop I would have to say the Switchback felt a little better to me on the draw & the shot was about dead in the hand. Mathews has a really sweet bow with the Switchback XT. Ross has a great one too but next to each other the Switchback is a little sweeter all around. Craftsmanship is perfect on them both.

·
Registered
45 Posts
All you Ross shooters out there, need to hear more from you. I'm looking at the Ross line and need more feedback. There's a lot mentioned out there regarding Matthews S/B, but not much on Ross. With that said, however, Ross sounds like they're getting a lot of positive press. Until I can get to a dealer, I'm counting on your feedback. It is greatly appreciated.

Btftsh

·
Retired GI "still serv'n"
13,960 Posts
I owned a Switchback (not XT) and was in the same situation looking for my new rig......After months of playing around and getting my hands on both bows, I now own a 334 and sold my Switchback.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Both are great bows. The Switchback XT is probably the quitest bow I've ever shot and a little quicker. However, in all other categories the Ross, in my opinion, was better.

You can't go wrong with either, but you definitely should at least give Ross a try.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Mdewitt71 .... what is it about the 334 that made you get it? What are the plus/minuses of both? Look forward to your reply

Btftsh

·
Registered
131 Posts
mdewitt71 said:
I owned a Switchback (not XT) and was in the same situation looking for my new rig......After months of playing around and getting my hands on both bows, I now own a 334 and sold my Switchback.
I was just the opposite. Had a 334 for 3 months, then switchted to the XT. Both are great bows, but the back wall on the 334 just not as solid to me. Like they always say, you just gotta shoot it yourself and decide.

·
Relocated Cajun
10,974 Posts
my reasons for the ROSS would be:

1. 34" ata...I like that...reminds me of my Q2
2. 7.75" brace height...sweet..
3. grip....won't have to take this one off and get an aftermarket
4. strings and cables...see #3

I don't like anything under 34"....the switchback was OK at 33"

·
Registered
824 Posts
Switchback XT!!!

I shot them both and the XT was just a little sweeter all around :tongue: :wink: The 334 reminded me of my MQ1 it had the same feel to me. I liked my MQ1 but I LOVE my XT :wink:

I never thought I would be shooting a 31" ata bow, but it's hard to put it down when I can shoot 5 shot, 3" groups at 50yrds with it.

Archermike

·
Registered
574 Posts
Nod toward the Ross

I was fortunate to have a good bonus this past winter and first purchased the XT because it had a little less vibration and was faster. After shooting it for a month I wanted to purchase a backup, and picked up a 334. I am finding that with the Ross I am grouping much better and since I put a STS on, it has the same or less vibration as the XT. Both great bows, but for me, it is the Ross that I pick up first. It helped me get my first gobbler with a bow and will be with me this fall for deer.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Ross

I never owned a Switchback but I did shoot one. I had the Outback when I got the ROSS 334 and the Outback went for a ride. I didn't like all the tuning issues I was having with my Mathews w/ string stretch and the string slipping past the suppresors. The ROSS is a sweet shooter and I don't know what else to say because you can read the testimonials here on AT and see all the specs on the ROSS site. If you shoot a ROSS at a shop the bow will pretty much sell itself to you. The only thing I had to figure out was the grip because swithing from the grip Mathews uses to the one on the ROSS bows it took some getting used to but once you got it its money. Money spent on refltching arrows because you will be tearing them up. I got mine in March of 05' and I still enjoy shooting it as much today as the day I brought it to the house.

·
Retired GI "still serv'n"
13,960 Posts
All I know is my 334 and 337 are some of the smoothest and best shooting bows I have owned in a while...
hence me selling about 7 others off this year.
Now my 334 is set-up and ready for my 1st KS season:

·
Registered
875 Posts
I shot about 10 different bows and it ended up between the SB/XT/334. I shot those 3 side-by-side and ended up buying the 334. I liked the SB better than the XT simply due to the ATA. I thought the bows were a 'push' on all issues, but the 334 was about $150 cheaper w/Winners Choice strings. I'm now looking for a 3d bow and want to shoot the 337 and see how it compares to the 334. A buddy of mine 'had' a XT, but sold it after buying a 334. I won't go into why he sold the XT. Hope this helps you. And if I was buying another bow, it'd be a 334.

·
Registered
5,634 Posts
that is a tough choice.....they both make an excellent bow...i just went with a ross because i love their riser design and their handle....also they are from the good ol' state of MO!:darkbeer:

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
How much are the 334's running these days? I'll be lookin for a new one before to long.

·
Banned
6,826 Posts
XT has a better wall, tad faster, with a crappier grip and string. You can fix the grip and string, but it comes down to personal preference

1 - 20 of 24 Posts