Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been keeping an eye on this forum since buying my Darton and have decided to post now that I have had a little experience with it. My bow is a 2011 ds 3800 that I got a good deal on in the classified section here. I picked it up when I had a cam bearing go out on my 4 month old bowtech reign and it has actually become my main bow. Even shot my first archery buck with it a week ago. It has more noise and vibration than the reign but that isn’t a big deal to me. What impressed me was that it was shooting the same speeds as my Reign 6 in performance mode while maintaining a smoother draw cycle and having a better valley than the Reign did even in comfort mode (I have the 85% mods). Overall very impressed with Darton having never shot one before I bought mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
29” draw mod, comes out a little longer - close to 29 1/4”. 60 lb limbs, maxes at 58. Shot my 419 grain arrow at 276-277 fully set up and without speed nocks on the string. Reign for comparison was right at 29.5” dl, right at 60 lb draw, set in performance shot 280 FPS with same arrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
431 Posts
Welcome to Darton, I was very close to trying a Reign 6 too but found a deal I could not pass up on a new 2017 DS3800 in Kryptek Highlander. I absolutely love my bow and glad now I stayed with Darton. My first bow was a Darton Lightning, second bow a Darton Tempest Extreme. I foresee keeping my DS3800 a good while.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts