Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in traditional bowhunter there was an article about a guy with target panic that switched from right-handed to left handed, has anyone done this? im thinkin about it, i cant seem to get tp beat

· Registered
273 Posts
I use to shoot right handed, but then I checked for eye dominance and found out I am left eye dominant, and right handed. So I decided to switch and shoot left handed. It let me re-learn everything from scratch while still having an inkling of what I should be doing.

I don't know how it can help with target panic though. If something mentally is bothering you to cause problems, switching hands won't changed that I don't think. But it's not too bad switching hands. It was really helpful for me by switching to my dominant eye.

· Registered
128 Posts
I switched from left to right hand a fews years ago do to eye dominance, at the time of the switch I had been struggling with TP real bad for about a year, short drawing and snap shooting. When I started shooting right the TP was gone and hasnt returned yet.

· Registered
27 Posts
yes it can be done!

yes it can be done. i developed a horrable case of tp about 10 years ago shooting left handed , all my other friends shoot right handed , so it was no problem for me to borrow equiptment, one summer i decided to shoot right handed and never looked back......... now shoot better than i ever have , right handed ! , i think relearning everything after 20 years was the best thing for me , but you realy have to commit to it no back and forth that will only confuse you and slow down the conversion. oh and the twist ......i am left eye dominant and still do shoot my shotgun left handed.

· Registered
79 Posts
I believe its totally doable, I am left eye dom. and shoot Compounds Lh and traditional bows Rh. I can shoot scoped rifles either way but go Lh if I can. You will be able to get rid of any bad habits and start fresh. I have never had Tp so I dont know how that would correlate to switching hands but a new sight picture should help.

· Registered
1,097 Posts
I use to shoot right handed, but then I checked for eye dominance and found out I am left eye dominant, and right handed. It was really helpful for me by switching to my dominant eye.
LOL I learned early on from my days of handgun shooting that my eye dominance can switch, at times involuntarily. Usually, just when I start thinking about it is when it happens.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.