Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
11,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What besides blazers would be a good vane to try, one arrow will be a Gold Tip 22 series for 3d and indoor and a DaTorch for hunting. Not looking for the "blazers are the best" cause I shoot them and have ever since I started. Nothing wrong with them just looking to change it up a bit.

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
If your looking for one vane to do it all I'd suggest the heat from bohning to be a good vane for all that you mentioned...Or for a 3d and indoor I'd give the 2.25 bohning x vane a look and the heat for hunting..What playing around i have done with the heat vane they will more than. Likely be what i hunt with this coming year and i been a fan of blazers for a few years

·
Registered
11,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What's the advantages of the heat over the blazer?
I will also look at the X vane thanks.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I shot blazers for years. Then tried AAE max hunters which were ok not very tough. Went to q2i fusion 2.1s and loved them shoot them on my 3d and hunting arrows. Bonds to my shafts great and very durable. I don't plan on switching anytime soon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
The heat is longer.....Stiffer...And a lower profile i cant remember what they weigh...I have played around with them some shooting my fixed blade heads qad exodus and they fly good

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I really like my AAE max hunters with a bit of helical they spin big fixed blade broadheads great. I think I might pick up some Vane Tec hp's to mess around with too.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Another vote for Q2I fusions. Great flight, adhere well and the neon colors are highly visible for hunting.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I like bohning X vanes and vanetec swifts. Want to try AAE max stealth next just to try something else. But those two vanes are much quieter than blazers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
402 Posts
+1 on the 2.25 Bohning x vanes

they stay adhered better for me on wraps using AAE gel glue and survive WB use tbetter than blazers for me. YMMV

I shoot drop aways, WB and Limb driven. use shield X vanes on all.

negatives...not as quiet as blazers subjectively but defer to greater experience on that issue

·
THE ORIGINAL
9,186 Posts
What besides blazers would be a good vane to try, one arrow will be a Gold Tip 22 series for 3d and indoor and a DaTorch for hunting. Not looking for the "blazers are the best" cause I shoot them and have ever since I started. Nothing wrong with them just looking to change it up a bit.
If you are sick and tired of how noisy the Blazers are switch to the Flex Fletch SK 300s or 200s...

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
I recently switch all my shafts out to Heat vanes, better cable clearance and they fly great. I'm only using Mech heads so I don't need a large vane for steerage

1 - 20 of 86 Posts