Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a couples questions for you all...

1) Are the 2005 limbs any different that the 2006's??
2) I would like to get some of the target carbon weave limbs for my Allegiance.. Any idea where I could get my hands on some? 50 - 60 lb set

Thanks all.. I appreciate all the assistance :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep :)

Those would be perfect...

I would like to use them on my Allegiance as a set of target limbs... max of 60lb's... I have a camo paid of 60-70lb .. and use those for hunting..

Any idea where I can get a set ??

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bump

ttt

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bump

Ok..

I've got a yay.. and a nay... Bowtech say's the '05's and '06's are identical.. However I have 2 PM's here that tell a different story...

What are some of the other thoughts out there.. and more specifically.. Any one have some Carbon Limbs they would like to sell for an Allegiance??

Thanks

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
The '05 and the '06 limbs are different. You will need to find a set of '05 allegiance target color limbs for it to work. Later Junkie

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is what I'm trying to figure out... Does anyone have a pair out there.. 50-60lb that they would like to part with.. let me know

·
Registered
4,903 Posts
I got 06 limbs on my 05 OG. only difference is you don't use the spacers for the cams.
think someone said like 150.00 for a set.

·
Registered
358 Posts
jw

I believe PA.Jay has it correct, '06 limbs can be retrofitted to an '05 riser by eliminating the cam spacers. Why don't you give give Crackers a shout--he'll give you the straight dope. Shaka brah!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everyone for the info...

Just a refresh though.. I have a 2006 Allegiance.. and am wondering if I could use a set of 2005 limbs on it... I would like to find a set of 50-60lb carbon weave limbs for my 2006 Allegiance....Anyone have Cracker's website or #:???

·
Banned
24,135 Posts
PA.JAY is right

I put 06 Tribute cams, cables and string on my 05 Defender (same ATA) but did not switch limbs. I lost 5 lbs peak draw weight but it shoots sweet. The Defender riser is shorter and makes for a lighter weight bow. I like that :)

I have a chrome Tribute with the carbon look limbs. That bow is bad!! :)

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
ONe more to the top, besides the caps on teh ends of the limbs, are there any differences between 05 and 06 limbs?

·
Registered
250 Posts
The limbs (2005-2006) are the same the only difference is the tip. On the 2006 limbs you dont put any spacers for the cams, but you will need a longer axel because of the caps they put on the limb tip that make the tip a bit larger.

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
alain said:
The limbs (2005-2006) are the same the only difference is the tip. On the 2006 limbs you dont put any spacers for the cams, but you will need a longer axel because of the caps they put on the limb tip that make the tip a bit larger.
Good Point. I forgot about the shorter axles in 05.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Moonkryket said:
I put 06 Tribute cams, cables and string on my 05 Defender (same ATA) but did not switch limbs.
I don't mean to hijack this thread, but did your centershot come in closer to the riser after the retrofit?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Update for everyone,

I spoke with a tech at Bowtech.. and also received an email from Pat with Bowtech... Both have informed me that I can indeed put 2005 limbs on my 2006 Allegiance.. however I will need to use a spacer... They didn't mention the longer axle.. However I do have some spare Axles laying around I could try... But in the interest of keeping this a completely 2006 model.. I'm going to just pick up some 2006 Carbon Weave limbs in the 50-60lb range... and call it quits.

Thanks for all the info from everyone .. I appreciate it :)

·
Banned
24,135 Posts
No

I did not notice any change in right/left string position. I love this bow now! Its shorter riser and lighter weight makes for a perfect hunting bow IMO. It does have a very slight increase in forward thrust compared to the Tribute but it's certainly not enough for me to give this combination up. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts