Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '09 Bowtech Sniper with 50-60 lb limbs that I would like to switch to 60-70 lb. The bow shoots very well, and I am generally pleased with it. I would just like set it at a higher weight, and later get a target bow with slightly less draw weight.

I have two questions:

Is there an online shop that can quote and supply the limbs?

Are there any alternatives that could be recommended for that model bow?

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump...

Anyone have suggestions for a Pro Shop?

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
I would think you would need to go through a Bowtech dealer to get the limbs and they could switch them for you as well. look at bowtech's web site to find your nearest dealer...Randy

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One of my only gripes with Bowtech is the need for a dealer to press the bow. I am sure that you are correct in that it would to go through a dealer.

I contacted a shop, and was quoted $150.00 for the limbs. It is a shame. For that price, I would be tempted to use it toward another bow.

I really like this bow, and want to keep it for a hunter set-up. I am planning on purchasing a target oriented bow. Ideally, I want the hunter bow set with heavier draw than the target bow... I really would prefer 70 lb limbs. There is not much hope for me to justify two new bows... Frustrating, I really dislike the disposable/replace concept.

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
$150

is actually not bad. I had a Drenalin limb issue and was quoted $240 in So Cal and $170 in an IL shop. Check the classifieds on here and you may pick up a set, just a thought.

·
Patriot
5,048 Posts
One of my only gripes with Bowtech is the need for a dealer to press the bow. I am sure that you are correct in that it would to go through a dealer.

I contacted a shop, and was quoted $150.00 for the limbs. It is a shame. For that price, I would be tempted to use it toward another bow.

I really like this bow, and want to keep it for a hunter set-up. I am planning on purchasing a target oriented bow. Ideally, I want the hunter bow set with heavier draw than the target bow... I really would prefer 70 lb limbs. There is not much hope for me to justify two new bows... Frustrating, I really dislike the disposable/replace concept.
If you live more than 30 miles from a Bowtech dealer, then you can order limbs and other Bowtech parts and accessories from: www.huntersfriend.com. You'll still need a press or a shop to install. They are the only authorized dealer (that I know of) who can sell through the "Bowtech in the boonies" program.

You can then sell your 60 pound limbs in the free classifieds right here on archerytalk.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Timmymac24,

Wow! Maybe $150.00 isn't that bad.

wdriver,

I think that I have seen you post about the Inspire... That is one of more target / 3d bows that I am looking at purchasing. I sure would like to see a comparison between it, and the Exceed 300.

·
Patriot
5,048 Posts
Timmymac24,

Wow! Maybe $150.00 isn't that bad.

wdriver,

I think that I have seen you post about the Inspire... That is one of more target / 3d bows that I am looking at purchasing. I sure would like to see a comparison between it, and the Exceed 300.
Two bows I'm very interested in trying.

·
Bonehunter
8,848 Posts
Limbs

I just paid $130 for limbs/installed/setup on my guardian. Local bow shop did a great job - as they always do :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts