Archery Talk Forum banner

Which Elite is Right for Me?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I've been a mathews guy as long as I can remember. Not married to them, just the only dealer in our area is Mathews so I stuck with it since its all I could test. Keep in mind I'm not within a few hours of an elite dealer so please dont say just go shoot them all and figure out whats best for you...I realize that's the best thing to do its just not possible.

Anyway, I hunt mainly but in the off season I shoot 3d with my father. We of course get a little competative so I'd like it to fit both worlds. If I fall in love with elite i may get a bow set up specifically for 3d but for now just looking for an all in one type bow. I'd like it to be smooth and forgiving, and I'm switchign to a heavier arrow this year so speed is a concern. Please let me know what you would select the Pure, Answer, or Hunter? Speed mods or no?

·
Shootin and Cussin
23,573 Posts
The Pure is the best all around bow in the lineup, IMHO.

·
In the begining God......
3,646 Posts
Out of curiosity, why would you just switch, and not know what bow you would go to? It just sounds odd to say I am swithing to Elite, and not know which bow feels good to you? My caution is don't get caught up ion the hype of having a particular bow, but shoot the bows, ALL bows you can to make YOUR choice. If it's not possible, I would question why to purchase a new bow, and take the hit on depreciation if you find you don't like it.

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Out of curiosity, why would you just switch, and not know what bow you would go to? It just sounds odd to say I am swithing to Elite, and not know which bow feels good to you? My caution is don't get caught up ion the hype of having a particular bow, but shoot the bows, ALL bows you can to make YOUR choice. If it's not possible, I would question why to purchase a new bow, and take the hit on depreciation if you find you don't like it.
Well thats why i shop on AT...i can buy a fresh released bow from 2012 a week after they are released used and not worry about taking the depreciation hit haha...My mind set isn't to get away from Mathews just to switch, it's really more of I've only ever shot them because thats all that is readily available to test before purchase and I was EXTREMELY disapointed in the bows they have come out with in the last 2 years...the best bow they came out with last year was simply a remake of the z7 for 2010, the 2012 lineup is nothing but a jewel weight inside a z7 frame (more or less)...They haven't done anything inovative IMHO since the z7. In my eyes there has to be something better out there...and I decided that I'd go Elite only because after a lot of research they seem to be the highest rated of the backyard brands out there. I dont like shooting big name bows, I feel like a homer and have found out through golfing that the most popular product isn't always the best, its just the one with the largest advertising budget. Its why after a short stint with taylor made, titliest, and callaway, I ended up with Adams in my bag...I can't help but think archery products would be the same way...So this is just my first step in finding my archery version of Adams.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Answer w/ speed mods, it's what I want to get later this year anyways, lol

·
Shaaaaazam!!
7,703 Posts
Guys, I've been a mathews guy as long as I can remember. Not married to them, just the only dealer in our area is Mathews so I stuck with it since its all I could test. Keep in mind I'm not within a few hours of an elite dealer so please dont say just go shoot them all and figure out whats best for you...I realize that's the best thing to do its just not possible.

Anyway, I hunt mainly but in the off season I shoot 3d with my father. We of course get a little competative so I'd like it to fit both worlds. If I fall in love with elite i may get a bow set up specifically for 3d but for now just looking for an all in one type bow. I'd like it to be smooth and forgiving, and I'm switchign to a heavier arrow this year so speed is a concern. Please let me know what you would select the Pure, Answer, or Hunter? Speed mods or no?
How tall are ya? An whats your draw length?

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Loving my pure. Great specs and a great shooter if you like conservative set-ups.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

·
Bonehunter
8,848 Posts
And if buying used....add the z28 to your list too :) But with the above choices, Pure.

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hmmm ok so looks like the answer or pure for an all around bow...maybe i should break this down further into hunting and 3d as well...some mentioned the gt500 and the z28's and they sell for cheap enough that if the pure and z28 are the undisputed best "hunting" bows from elite I may be able to swing one of each to tinker with this off season. Thanks guys...I'll be posting up a seperate thread for elite hunting and 3d bows in a few minutes.

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
I still own two mathews bow but have only shot my elite e500 and gt500 for the last 6 years! Both companies make great bows but the elites work better for me.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I'm 6'3" but I have short arms for my height...only draw 29 or 29.5 depending on the bow manufacturer
I'm 6'2" with 29" draw length. Just shot them all and chose the pure. Answer has a nice draw, but the Pure's draw is nice too and it fits a large frame archer SOOO much better.

·
Engee Potgieter
5,888 Posts
The Answer has set a new benchmark, it is an incredible bow!

·
Snowmobile Fanatic
4,619 Posts
I think you forgot to include the Pulse in your poll. Awesome model as well.

·
Shaaaaazam!!
7,703 Posts
I'm 6'3" but I have short arms for my height...only draw 29 or 29.5 depending on the bow manufacturer
Read below
I'm 6'2" with 29" draw length. Just shot them all and chose the pure. Answer has a nice draw, but the Pure's draw is nice too and it fits a large frame archer SOOO much better.
I agree..I think the pure sounds like the ticket

·
Land of the Giants!!
4,374 Posts
May I inquire as to why you did not consider the Pulse? Just curious!

I too have been considering switching from Mathews to Elite. If I were to NOT get the Z7 extreme for my next bow, then I would definitely switch to Elite. If I switched to Elite, my research had led me to the Pulse.

Of course, the Answer is getting good reviews....but I have also read reviews of it not being a bow that wow's.

I have not shot either yet.

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
May I inquire as to why you did not consider the Pulse? Just curious!

I too have been considering switching from Mathews to Elite. If I were to NOT get the Z7 extreme for my next bow, then I would definitely switch to Elite. If I switched to Elite, my research had led me to the Pulse.

Of course, the Answer is getting good reviews....but I have also read reviews of it not being a bow that wow's.

I have not shot either yet.
I simply dont shoot brace heights under 7"...with bows like the pure, answer, etc getting 340's with speed cams and 330s with smooth cams the few extra fps isn't worth the forgiveness of a full inch of brace height to me.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have been shooting Mathews for years I now own 3 elites. I have a judge great shooting speed bow not smooth but can group out to 100 yrds. Shot the answer and bought it on the spot. Great bow smooth driving tacks. It for me is the best all around bow. So I wanted a target bow bought the tour. great bow. Just the answer shoots just as well but i am getting 40 ft per faster. Thinking of selling the tour. just because my answer shots well enough that I can use it for anything I want to do. My hunting buddy is a mathews fan and hates my elites. so I think the answer if you have to pick one. but I would shoot one first. would hate to buy a the bow and not like it. good luck

1 - 19 of 19 Posts