Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2013 Hoyt Spyder 30 and I'm thinking about an upgrade. I really like the RKT cams, but I don't like the Z5 cams. I'm thinking about going to a 2014 Hoyt Carbon Spyder, but I want to know if I could change the Z5 cams out and put the RKT cams in instead. I know that the string would be a different length, that the limb( XTS Arc Notch limbs) are the same, that there is an 1/8 of an inch in difference between the two going axle to axle(the normal 2013 spyder 34 is 34 and 3/8 and the 2014 carbon spyder 34 is 34 1/4), and that the brace height is the same sitting at 6 and 3/4 of an inch. I did compare these from 34's instead of 30's because of my draw-length. Does anybody have any advice other than shooting the Z5 cams? Is it possible to switch these cams and only have to put longer strings on?

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
I would start with the cam swamp and stock strings. The new strings lengths might not be as big as ya think. 1/4 ata is normal variance for a bow. The cam swap is 100 percent possible though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts