Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody tried this stand out? I've seen it advertised on the Wild Outdoors and looks like it has it's place for severely angled trees. The seat doesn't look too comfy though. I definitley have some trees that I could use a really good level system on. Any opinions from users?

SwiveLimb Treestand.jpg

·
fall at last
3,260 Posts
I have one. Maybe I got a lemon, but mine is heavy, awkward to hang and creaks like mad. Other than that it works as advertised.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeh...I figured it would be both heavy and tough to hang, but also the reason to leave it up permanently once hung. The creaking doesn't sound good tho. Maybe some liquid graphite or some other type of lube to quiet it down?

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I have an older model without a platform so it's just a seat. I use it in conjunction with a ladder stand that only has a platform at the top. When I configure the seat as shown in your picture, the arm that comes out from the tree does flex a little but it's something you get used to. Like most all treestands, it has its shortcomings. Takes a bit of fooling around to get it adjusted correctly. It does not have a "third axis" adjustment so it's not ideal in every tree since tree trunks are seldom straight, especially not in the direction you need them to be.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I have used one of my friends and it creaked bad till he put some type of lube on it and now its good.Im not sure if it was grease or what.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts