Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend just recently started shooting a Sword Acusite(?) with scope. She then asked for help in making a sight tape. When I examined the hardware, I found that the manufacturer does not include a standard scale on the side. And the sight is moved up and down but the movement does not provide "clicks" - it is pretty continuous. And there appears to be no means to have an indicator on the side that doesn't have a standard scale (if that makes sense).

So my question is, how the heck can you make a sight tape? I suppose they can just use one of the canned programs but what about using three or more distances along with the setting on the "uniform" scale? Does everyone just used canned packages only now? Or "store bought" tapes? Any thoughts on this? Seems like a big omission....

·
Registered
8,222 Posts
sorry, I am not knowledgable with the Titan sight as the others, shoot LeEarl or Irefuse a PM either one can help you

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
if you are using ot2 it has a setting for the titan. I would be nice if they did have a scale on the sight. All I did was take the encluded site tapes and used to slowest one for the scale. I usually shoot in my marks and this has worked so far.

Reed

·
7,984 Posts
My Titan has definable clicks, but it is an older model. I shot in my 20 and 50 yard marks and matched them up to the closest Sword sight tape. It works well, even out to 100 yards.

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
first question i have is:

is it a Titan? this is not specified

or is it a 3rd plane or twilight hunter with the "micro" housing?

the only sights that have the sight tapes are the Titan and the Trident series. these also have the micro adjustable heads. they do however have noticable clicks when adjusting them. Also these have a little arrow that points to the tape lines.

let me know if you have any questions or need one.

speed

·
Registered
876 Posts
Contact Sword they have great customer service. They will be glad to answer any questions you have.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts