Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have sword twilight hunter for the last couple of yrs. A green pin for 25 yds. a orange pin for 40. I'm 52 yrs. old so my eyes are not what they use to be. The pins seem to get blurry, and seem like there is a halo around each pin as day light decreases. There could be a problem when hunting in the evening. Anybody else with this problem, if so did you try a different site?

·
Registered
13,450 Posts

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
yep I do thats why I use a verifier peep works great
www.specialtyarch.com
Wildthing...this advice from buckeyboy "will fix" your problem.

I'm a little older than you but last season, I started having the same issue during hunting season...not seeing my sight pins clearly. For me, it seemed I only had trouble seeing my sight pins, which were .10 size, during poor lighting conditions. Being that is was during the season when my focus is on being in the woods, I solved the problem with a quick fix, by switching to my other sight, which had .19 size pins...that solved the problem for me.

During the spring and summer, I began to notice the same issue (blurry pins) with the bow sight that had the .019 pins...that is when I decided to do some research, which lead me to call Mike Anderson at Specialty Archery, who explained what their products do to solve the issues I was having.

I bought the hooded peep and two verifiers...I choose the 1/4" peep and #5 and #6 verifiers. The 1/4" peep with the verifier installed, allows me a larger view to center the scope housing in the peep. The #5 verifier worked great as both the sight pins and the target could be seen clearly. The #6 verifier made the sight pins a little clearer yet, but the target was a little blurry.

I'm keeping the #6 verifier too as I know my eyesight will not get better with age...but for now, I will be hunting with the #5 verifier. BTW, I started wearing eye glasses a few years ago and presently use a +1.75 lens in my reading glasses.

We can't stop the aging process but thankfully some folks in archery are thinking of us "oldtimers", coming up with solutions that keep us enjoying archery and hunting.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts