Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Good friend gave me this Sword Titan (think it is a Titan) several months ago and I'd like to mount it on a Drenalin LD bow that currently has a Spott Hogg Hogg-It sight with peep.

Measured the scope diameter on the Titan and came up with 1 5/8".

Trying to figure out what size aperature to use and which peep?

Specialty Archery's FAQ guide gives an aperature size of 3/64", 1/16", or 3/32" for the 1 5/8" scope and it looks like they're suggesting a Super Ball peep for the aperature.

Also, they suggest a #1 clarifier for the 2x power lens ........ I'm guessing, but believe the lens is 2 power. I've looked through a 3x & 4x on some other scopes and think this is a 2 power.

And where can I obtain a light for the scope and are there different colors of lights available?

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
I just use a 1/8th peep with mine. Its clear and works great in and out doors.
I did have to slide it to around the middle of the slide rail on the sight to help clear it up.
I dont need a clarifier with this one.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
I am using a 1/8 app.#1 clairfier on the same size scope as yours with a 4x lens works great target is very clear hope this helps:darkbeer:

·
Registered
8,780 Posts
sword (or whoever bought them out) has a light that will fit that black bracket fo ryour light, on mine however i hooked up an LP Pro light kit, worked great!
generally with a 2x you dont have to use a clarifier but if you want to use one definately use the yellow, you dont want green or red.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you plan on keeping the sight all the way out to the furthest point?
Not necessarily, depends on where I get the best sight picture & resolution.

I am using a 1/8 app.#1 clairfier on the same size scope as yours with a 4x lens works great target is very clear hope this helps:darkbeer:
Thanks, that what I was thinking but wanted to hear from experienced users.

sword (or whoever bought them out) has a light that will fit that black bracket fo ryour light, on mine however i hooked up an LP Pro light kit, worked great!
generally with a 2x you dont have to use a clarifier but if you want to use one definately use the yellow, you dont want green or red.
Much appreciated, will contact current manufacturer on the light setup. And I'll stick with the yellow.

·
<---(.)(.)---<<<
2,311 Posts
You may not need a clarifier for a 2x lens. I would try a small aperature before a clarifier. I have a 4x and don't need a clarifier, it all depends on your eyes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts