Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I've read all the binary tuning threads but want to make sure I'm going about this correctly. I have a 2009 Bowtech Admiral 60/70 lb. I just installed new strings and cables and put the bow in my drawboard. My brace height is spot on at 7". The Axle to Axle measurement is 3/16 too short (supposed to be 31 1/16). My top cam is ahead of the bottom cam (using the holes in the cams as reference points since there is only one draw stop).

In order to bring my cams in time and lengthen the A2A, I believe I need to add twists to the top cable. Correct? Which cable on the top cam do I twist, the one that essentially wraps around the axle or the cable closer to the perimeter? I don't need to remove the roller guard to twist the cable, right?

Basically, I need to lengthen A2A and r3tard the top cam. Thanks.

·
Registered
7,538 Posts
I would try UNtwisting the opposite cable to advance the bottom cam. Lengthening the cable might get your axle to axle to grow a little,

·
Registered
7,538 Posts
Also check your draw length. if it's short, untwist the string a little to get the draw and improve axle to axle.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
check your sync at full drawboth flats should hit at the same time then reinstall the drawstop

1 - 5 of 5 Posts