Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will someone explain how this works and how you know how to put it on a sight. I never have seen one and a archer said on this sight that he went into his house and cut a new tape. I am from the old school were you had to shoot them all in. I am shooting on my inddor bow a tox 1400 sight..my thanks in advance..

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
quite a few people on here use either Archers Advantage or the Archery program. You have to sight your bow in at 2 ranges for example 20 yds and 50 yds plus have a couple of mesurements on hand you input the data into the progem of choice and it will print out a sight tape. I attache mine to my sight with clear scotch tape and never had any probems gut this tip from Pro1 I think if I remeber right. These programs work great but you have to remeber the more precise your measurements are the better your tape will be
Evan

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
On the AA program you can put in up to four yardage marks, say 20 30 40 50, also you have to measure a couple places, like from the peep down to the shaft, and from the peep to your lense, or pin. It is a good system, make sure the marks are very accurate and you will be set with a precise sight tape that you can trust.

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
With AA I have always just used the chrono speed instead of sighting in at two distances. This has always been extremely accurate out to 60 yards which is the maximum I shoot. I sight in so that I am hitting a quarter size dot at 30 and slap the sight tape on!

·
Registered
644 Posts
Greg is right 60 yards seems to be about max for the single velocity mehtod. I know my marks get kind of hot after that and I have to subtract yardage to get on target 2-3 yard+. I like the multiple yardage indicators input better! Matt

1 - 5 of 5 Posts