Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i shot my 380 this weekend at different yards... i must say i love this thing!i'm hoping i don't have to worry about the whole limb thing but if i do i will still love it.all around this bow i will say is the best bang for the buck by far!i'm shooting easton power bolts with blazer 2 vanes.also am shooting a 125grain tip.i took the factor scope off and put a tenpoint scope on it.at 40 to 45 yrds i am afraid to shoot 2 bolts at the same dot!at 55 to 60yrds 2 bolts are touching vanes and the 3rd isn't far off!after all the stink about the different problem these crossbows have had i still wouldn't trade it for any other one and i have shot a good many different brands!

·
Banned
24,135 Posts
You aren't alone:)

·
Registered
5,325 Posts
Well......i may trade mine for one that shoots since i have season coming up in 2 weeks and no limbs in sight..lol....getting a little nervous now!! Seems like a familiar story....However I do love the bow when it is shooting and I too even with my series of bad luck would not trade it.....kick it a few times maybe....but not trade. I am waiting for a 350 for a back up bow which should be here soon I hope!! So I guess that is saying something me buying another bowtech bow! Congrats on your set up Skull....and the best of luck this season!!

·
Registered
18,519 Posts
Good Luck ... with the new bow.

·
Registered
412 Posts
yeah my dealer has a 350 hanging on the rack and i debated on just taking that off his hands as well!
You won't regret that either........Gary

·
Registered
38 Posts
glad your loving the sz 380 , i love mine also n if i have a limb problem so what black bullet proof limbs with opti fade is sweet

·
Registered
5,325 Posts
glad your loving the sz 380 , i love mine also n if i have a limb problem so what black bullet proof limbs with opti fade is sweet
Nothing about these are bulletproof... further shouldn't bowtech give u what you pay for? Instead of saving themselves money at their customers expense?

·
Registered
19 Posts
sz 380

I agree, I love mine. Its one BAD ***** Cat! I have since sold my Parker Tornado. The Parker was a great bow but just a little heavy, a terrible trigger and quite a bit louder. The Strykezone feels great in my hands. I only have about 20 shots through it but it sighted in really nice with the Red Hot illuminated reticle scope. I have a Destroyer verticle bow if I have any problems. On a scale of 1 - 10 I give the SZ380 a solid 8.5 Fast, Smoothest trigger on the market and did I mention FAST! I am shooting the Carbon Express hunters bolts instead of the stryker bolts, I just like Carbon Express arrows. They both shoot about the same.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Good luck with that bow, glad you like it. Keep us posted on both the good and any bad about the bow. I have a friend that shoots the Carbon Express Hunter Bolts too out of a SZ380 and loves them. He says they bury a little deeper in the target than the factory bolts.

·
Bringer of truth
14,834 Posts
obviously , this is one of the best bows out there. I would have bought it except i leaned towrd the Ghost 400.
I think the next round of these bows for 2012 will likely be at the tiop even if they do nothing except correct the current limb issues.
Evey time I pick one up I LIKE IT MORE AND MORE.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
i shot my 380 this weekend at different yards... i must say i love this thing!i'm hoping i don't have to worry about the whole limb thing but if i do i will still love it.all around this bow i will say is the best bang for the buck by far!i'm shooting easton power bolts with blazer 2 vanes.also am shooting a 125grain tip.i took the factor scope off and put a tenpoint scope on it.at 40 to 45 yrds i am afraid to shoot 2 bolts at the same dot!at 55 to 60yrds 2 bolts are touching vanes and the 3rd isn't far off!after all the stink about the different problem these crossbows have had i still wouldn't trade it for any other one and i have shot a good many different brands!
Sorry can't believe anything without accompanying photos!!!:wink:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i'm kinda on the kick also if that the limbs splinter,i would like the black ones anyway!haha.i have a new bowtech invasion verticle bow. so for a back up, i couldn't ask for anything any better!i will probly just take the verticle bow out anyway cause i like it so much

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
:thumbs_up

1 - 17 of 17 Posts